What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Yeah I did that bit today when changing the speakers. Arm through the hole jobby. Now I have a sore arm. The above pic is just the initial deadening I did I couple weeks ago before I ordered the Gladens.

I watched a few videos where everyone made a point of saying you should always try the window before putting it all back together. So that you can be sure that it doesn’t foul any of the sheets & cause operational issues. I fully intended on doing that, right up to the point where i actually needed to do it. And then (in my excitement of wanting to test out the speakers) decided I didn’t need to do that at all. It was 5 seconds of my time that wasn’t warranted whatsoever.

Put it all back together, got in the van, shut the doors, flicked the ignition, amazing sound :cool:

Tried the window…

Shit.

All back out again.

So yeah, don’t do that mate :slow rofl:
Great advice thanks

Modified my bonnet lock assembly with a plate to secure the release cable after a accidentally popping the cable off the other day and locking the bonnet down!!!
Cut a strip of stainless and bent a hook on the end to grip the lock plate, fixed under one of the existing securing bolts. Should ensure the cable never pops off again.
Seems like this is a thing on T5's but haven't read anything on here about it regularly happening to T6's.
3895DBA7-90D9-4B47-B473-A61DF37472FE.jpeg

I like them so much I even ordered a third for the drivers seat! Already finding them incredibly useful for all the bits and bobs. The colour adds a bit of ‘warmth’ to the van too. They’re a bit more than I wanted to pay really though….

View attachment 234417
How have I missed these? Gonna have to get 3 for the back of the 2nd row.... then change all my interior to tan leather from black to match them! Ha ha.

Jesus! I think you just answered my query.
I was thinking about getting a refurb or buying some tins and having a go myself.

Think I’ll have a go at it. If it’s not too bad I can do it again relatively cheaply if I catch them again. If I fudge it, I’ll just send it off for a refurb.

Worst is my mate wanted a go in the van as he wants one. I said yea no probs just watch the wheels. Then I go and do this before he’s even had a go. Aaarrrrggghhhh.

T
I was thinking about getting a refurb or buying some tins and having a go myself.

Think I’ll have a go at it. If it’s not too bad I can do it again relatively cheaply if I catch them again. If I fudge it, I’ll just send it off for a refurb.

Worst is my mate wanted a go in the van as he wants one. I said yea no probs just watch the wheels. Then I go and do this before he’s even had a go. Aaarrrrggghhhh

Worst is my mate wanted a go in the van as he wants one. I said yea no probs just watch the wheels. Then I go and do this before he’s even had a go. Aaarrrrggghhhh.
Looks like that could be an easy cover up. Bit of wet n dry, masking and a blow over, or even run a brush round it. That's what I'm doing now on my audi RS6 wheels. But I feel your pain brother.

I'm making the most of a couple of days off work, today I finished my worktop for my kitchen pod!

Just need to sand it then apply a few coats of osmo polyx, then it's all done.

Cut the tap hole and recess
1000007082.jpg

1000007083.jpg
1000007084.jpg

Then cut the channels for my LED strips
1000007089.jpg
1000007090.jpg

Then finished it off rounding off the top edge
1000007087.jpg
1000007086.jpg

Tomorrow is looking wet so I'll start putting together the wiring for the pod, should get that all done tomorrow.

T

Looks like that could be an easy cover up. Bit of wet n dry, masking and a blow over, or even run a brush round it. That's what I'm doing now on my audi RS6 wheels. But I feel your pain brother.
How did you find it.
Easy enough to do yourself or not?

Easy. My damage left a bit of raised material, so I used an orbital with some different grades of wet and dry Until smooth, mine were diamond cut so had to sand out all the machining, but they look better smooth and polished to a shine. But with light damage, I'd smooth it off and touch up with a soft brush, mask around the tyre and go at it.

I had a little weekend tinker (and been playing with the new vinyl cutter)

Removed the old VW stick on wind deflectors replaced with some Heko style ones (I did actually try the climair and SSP from heratage but both had a finish that looked like the plastic was just cut round the edges).

Changed the wing mirror covers for some gloss black ones - there was a LOT of swearing at VW while doing this, what a stupid design!

Designed some decals for the indicators and the wheels! (I tried the PDF available on here and its not suitable for a vinyl cutter so the vernier and about 4 iterations later and I have a nice template for Devonports).

Oh... and fitted the wind out awning!!

What you think?

1711457016668.png1711457107398.png

I had a little weekend tinker (and been playing with the new vinyl cutter)

Removed the old VW stick on wind deflectors replaced with some Heko style ones (I did actually try the climair and SSP from heratage but both had a finish that looked like the plastic was just cut round the edges).

Changed the wing mirror covers for some gloss black ones - there was a LOT of swearing at VW while doing this, what a stupid design!

Designed some decals for the indicators and the wheels! (I tried the PDF available on here and its not suitable for a vinyl cutter so the vernier and about 4 iterations later and I have a nice template for Devonports).

Oh... and fitted the wind out awning!!

What you think?

View attachment 234556View attachment 234557
Never have I had a vinyl cutter, but now I NEED one. Thanks!

I'm making the most of a couple of days off work, today I finished my worktop for my kitchen pod!

Just need to sand it then apply a few coats of osmo polyx, then it's all done.

Cut the tap hole and recess
View attachment 234464

View attachment 234465
View attachment 234466

Then cut the channels for my LED strips
View attachment 234467
View attachment 234468

Then finished it off rounding off the top edge
View attachment 234469
View attachment 234470

Tomorrow is looking wet so I'll start putting together the wiring for the pod, should get that all done tomorrow.
Quality job that is mate!

Today has been a load of cutting, stripping, crimping, and heatshrinking on the kitchen pod.

1000007099.jpg

1000007100.jpg

Apologies to the OCD folk for the single black wire in the bundle of reds :rofl: that's the negative for my dimmer switch which is yet to be fitted above the other switches.

Still need to heatshrink most of the connections too.

Last edited:
Back