What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Rosie is booked in for a nose job next week. Anyone have any experience with XPEL XPF film?

After seeing some of the debadging pictures on here, I decided to do my van. Never done it before, glad I have now.
Next is to change the VW badges to black with orange background and remove the SV decals :)

I tried tinting my windows on my Kombi.
I didn't do a bad job but they were not perfect.
Ended up pulling it off:(
Think I'll either leave it to the professionals or get black out curtains.
Curtains are cheaper I think.

Nice that you tried tho. I wouldn't.
But I have news for you... Ya need both! :whistle:

Put better H4 headlight bulbs in, and added LED DRL bulbs. Just a stop gap until I put H7 headlights in I guess.

Pete

Nice that you tried tho. I wouldn't.
But I have news for you... Ya need both! :whistle:
Wanted em darker than they are for the kids....they can suffer now and just pull a black out curtain instead.
Curtains will be good when I sleep in it on my lunch break over the summer.....and to hide my motor bike from onlookers.

For kids, yeah, prob no need. I've been glad of tinted windows so no-one can see in whilst you're parked up. :rolleyes:

Got my headlights back from EMTuning, mostly fitted, just a few tweaks left to do next weekend (wife permitting!)

headlight drl.jpg

headlight.fullon.jpg

Fake rear windows and a spoiler added

20200205_121506.jpg 20200205_121617.jpg
Some 6.1 LED Rear Lights (tinted I think) to purchase and that's me done :rolleyes:

Its been a very quick (.. but not so cheap) 10 months as a first time transporter owner

Why did I not do it earlier... On we go, interior and sounds next.

Had Pedders fit their suspension upgrade package for T6 vans - heavy duty springs and shocks. The camper conversion made the rear drop slightly. The van now sits higher in the rear, is flatter cornering and generally better planted. I thought the ride might be harsh but it’s smoother than the stock set up. Certainly worth it.

Had Pedders fit their suspension upgrade package for T6 vans - heavy duty springs and shocks. The camper conversion made the rear drop slightly. The van now sits higher in the rear, is flatter cornering and generally better planted. I thought the ride might be harsh but it’s smoother than the stock set up. Certainly worth it.

Also being in Oz interested in this, does the pedders package lower or just stiffen the ride?

Also being in Oz interested in this, does the pedders package lower or just stiffen the ride?

The Pedders’ package raises the rear to compensate for the weight of the camper conversion. The change in height at the rear is noticeable but the van currently has no extra load other than the camper conversion.

The ride is stiffened and overall the van feels more controlled and smoother on the road.

One of the benefits of the package is making access to the spare wheel far easier.

I looked at full air and airbag helpers but thought the springs and shocks upgrade would potentially be more reliable. I spoke to my local VW service manager who said the change was a good idea.

The cost, which includes supply, fit and full wheel alignment was $1318.

I am delighted with the results and would do it again.

Back