What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Very quiet at work today, decided to take the front wheels off and give them a clean, get some ceramic coating wiped over them to help keep them clean and give the calipers a bit of love.

Excuse the wonky pics, tried to rotate but they still come out wrong.

2zp59it.jpg
121d5j4.jpg
slpdt1.jpg

Removed the rear spoiler.
Not an easy job, but one made a little easier by the fact VW had drilled the holes, but not put any nuts on the threads.

Spoiler on...

20180616_120406.jpg

Spoiler half way off. I used fishing line attached to wooden handles, and slowly worked my way through the sealer, using the block of wood to keep a little pressure as i'm cutting.

20180616_120330.jpg

Spoiler removed, and the mess that VW had made installing it, talk about keying up the surface :eek:

20180616_120900.jpg

Same surface after i'd wet flatted all VWs sanding, and machine polished.

20180616_125712.jpg

Finally the van de-spoliered...
All part of the new changes, for when the new wheels arrive.

20180616_135212.jpg

Removed the rear spoiler.
Not an easy job, but one made a little easier by the fact VW had drilled the holes, but not put any nuts on the threads.

Spoiler on...

View attachment 24020

Spoiler half way off. I used fishing line attached to wooden handles, and slowly worked my way through the sealer, using the block of wood to keep a little pressure as i'm cutting.

View attachment 24021

Spoiler removed, and the mess that VW had made installing it, talk about keying up the surface :eek:

View attachment 24022

Same surface after i'd wet flatted all VWs sanding, and machine polished.

View attachment 24023

Finally the van de-spoliered...
All part of the new changes, for when the new wheels arrive.

View attachment 24024
Busy + Brave I’d say.
What’s with the rear spoiler removal TS? Is this a ‘Marmite’ issue as is the front ‘chin’ spoiler? Or just time for a new look?

Unfortunately my day has been much more mundane, with an unenviable task.....what we do for a T6.

3C75ACB0-108B-46B9-8F26-E2D61B8D7E12.jpeg

Busy + Brave I’d say.
What’s with the rear spoiler removal TS? Is this a ‘Marmite’ issue as is the front ‘chin’ spoiler? Or just time for a new look?

Unfortunately my day has been much more mundane, with an unenviable task.....what we do for a T6.

View attachment 24059

I don't have an issue with the rear spoiler, or splitter, I just fancied changing things up, plus actually agree with something @BognorMotors said on another thread about the rear of the T6 looking pretty well without a spoiler.

Mine is coming off without any encouragement from me. When it gets too loose I’ll give it the fishing line treatment. The jury is out on whether I get it replaced.

Mine is coming off without any encouragement from me. When it gets too loose I’ll give it the fishing line treatment. The jury is out on whether I get it replaced.

Just watch out for the 2 bolts that go through the top of the tailgate on either end. It took several metres of my mates fishing line before I realised it wouldn't cut through a steel bolt:rolleyes:

Both those things are brilliant. Where did you source the power for the LED light ?

I used one of the factory fit lights from the load bay that i removed and taken the door switched negative from the rear load bay lights and then run a perm negative and perm live from my leisure battery.

Back