What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Nothing exciting, just got BV 750S dash cam installed by Halfords, I am not over the convicted with the power EZ OBD doing its thing with the power cut off and I have a feeling its already effecting my start stop, time will tell.

But it seems a good camera plus atm its £80 less than the Thinkware Q800, which will be my fall back.

ohh I and I fitted new doors rubbers for that nice Golf sound when closing the doors.

Fitted ambient lighting in the door cards following the lead of @Deaky and many others. I know the rest of the dash lighting is red, but I'm not keen on red so went with orange LEDs as I like how that looks in my BMW. No pics yet as I'm not totally happy with it, the door handle LED spills some light onto the headlight switch and the upper passenger side pocket seems to have a shadow possibly from strings of the hot glue I used to secure the surround in place, but I just ran out of time. Once those are done I'll move onto fitting them into the courtesy light unit. I'm not going to fit footwell lighting as I find it too distracting.

I got them from eBay for £15.99, just unbranded universal ones, but they're big, which is what I wanted. Here are the only couple of photos I have that really show them. They are the same front and back and just attach to the wheel arch liner using the supplied trim clips. You could choose to have them much further out, in, up or down to suit your needs. I aligned the outside edge of the flaps with the outside edge of my wheels, plus about 5mm to try and stop as much crap as possible getting to the van.

I didn't want OEM, the front ones sit completely under the van so do nothing to stop anything getting up the sides of the van and I was not going to put holes in my bumper to mount the rear ones a few inches back, which I think is a bad idea anyway because it leaves the leading edge and underside of the rear bumper exposed.

View attachment 56107

View attachment 56109

Do they stop most of the shit on the side of the van? Finding I need to hose off almost daily

Do they stop most of the shit on the side of the van? Finding I need to hose off almost daily
To be honest I would say no, they don't stop it, but they do a reasonable job of reducing it and were worth the £15.99. The fronts do protect the edge of the rear of the front arch, the sill areas and the front and underside of the side bars. The rears do also protect the leading edge and bottom/sides of the rear bumper. That was a big deal for me, the rural roads I have to travel to get out of the village are covered in all kinds of crap, including fine gravel and grit in several places that can quickly destroy those areas, as I found out on my previous vehicle.

I still get plenty of filth along the side of the van, but I think you would need full arch extensions about 3" wide to stop that!

Thanks to @ollieg s excellent video we now have passenger arm rests. Not bothering with the drivers seat as I’ve got the wheel to hang onto!

0C385413-420D-4923-AF42-04B67F631E00.jpeg

Not all done today - but all in the last week:

4 x new tyres: the budget chinese jobbies were terrifying, especially when cold and wet!
Added drivers armrests: good product from Cali Campers bought on ebay, dead easy to fit
B14s and H&R ARB's fitted: wow what a difference...its lower so it looks better and the ride / handling superb in comparison to stock. Supplied and fitted by Ian at Eclipse Campers in Yeovil.

...and finally I fabricated a panel to fill the pop top bed access gap above my head in the cabin - makes cabin look better and I hope it'll make things quieter on the move.

*note to self: In December prioritise buying Christmas presents for family not stuff for the van!

Adjusted my B14's on the front ,dropped them another 10mm , now happy with the front / rear look.
Then popped along to have my 4 wheel tracking done ,( new tyres fitted last week and suspension adjustments made ) it was slightly out but now all adjusted correctly.
OH ! Then I went in for a well earned brew and ordered a set of uprated Anti-roll bars …………..Just couldn't help myself , and felt much better afterwards ;)

20191213_145909.jpg

Posted the dreaded DVLA request.
:(

We don't have the graphics on the van or the hightop roof but 22 pictures sent in total. Keeping my fingers crossed but am being realistic. I have also driven our van a grand total of half a mile so far today.
:inlove:

Thanks to @MatT6 and his generous photoshopping skills decided to change my side bars to matt black. Van looks much better now I think..
I also fitted led fogs and thq v2 headlights with HID bulbs - big day for someone that’s never really worked on cars/cans before!

View attachment 56427

View attachment 56428
Looks great , where did you get the led fogs ? And does it throw up an error on the dash ?

Back