What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Thought about a shark fin?

Skyliner - Briefly but I don't want to drill into the roof or, indeed, add another 75mm or so to the height. Even when I eventually get around to fitting a solar panel, I'm looking to avoid drilling if it's possible to tuck the cables under the back of the pop top and through the gap at the top of the canvas. That said, I know bugger all about fitting solar panels and don't know whether or not that's a practical proposition.

I have mine at the bottom of the windscreen in the middle. Located at windscreen / upper dashboard location. Good reception from my Kenwood 8109 head unit.

BoroBoy - Have you got a heated windscreen? My understanding was that a screen mounted aerial wouldn't play nice with them.

Skyliner - Briefly but I don't want to drill into the roof or, indeed, add another 75mm or so to the height. Even when I eventually get around to fitting a solar panel, I'm looking to avoid drilling if it's possible to tuck the cables under the back of the pop top and through the gap at the top of the canvas. That said, I know bugger all about fitting solar panels and don't know whether or not that's a practical proposition.

BoroBoy - Have you got a heated windscreen? My understanding was that a screen mounted aerial wouldn't play nice with them.
Put it on the bonnet just in front of the windows?

JA, Where did the DAB aerial go please? I'm in the same position as you were with no DAB reception a lot of the time. Having a fibreglass/plastic pop top, heated windscreen and [I think] reflective glass on the sides and back, my options for using anything but the crappy OEM mirror aerial seem to be limited (but I'm more than happy to be corrected on that!).

Merry Christmas to one and all.

everything is hidden away behind the dash.. !

A pillar grab handle. Whilst there are outline markers on the back of the A pillar trims you dont have to be mega accurate drilling / dremelling the holes as there is a generous shroud on the actual handle. Passenger side next but need to run a few wires up that one!

763414C4-E4ED-46B8-BB26-AF8148F16F47.jpeg

D492D6A1-6FDD-4D7C-81F7-5E2012BE37F4.jpeg

E9517363-CE5E-41FD-A32C-A1AC4423C482.jpeg

CAE31FFB-EA74-453F-ACA5-1045A7F0E8B5.jpeg

Lol I removed my handles, smoothed the holes and and carpeted my pillars. I hated the handles.
Me too, I don't like the handles.
I also have a set of A pillar trims with the handle cutouts and all the handles/brackets I don't want, as well as a set of Cali A pillar trims with pull-across blinds I picked up as someone was getting rid of them well below market value. I didn't use them as I'd already modded T5 Remifront blinds to fit my van and just to complete the set I have of set of non-handle trims which I'm keeping to put back in the van when I sell it, as I'm keeping the Remis in case I ever needed them again.

I've installed a pico projector to the underside of the pop up bed so I can project to the front of the pop up roof...really simple to do and as the projector has its own battery and is WiFi & bluetooth its completely wire free in use - hopefully battery will last for at least 1 movie!

projector kit.jpg

Projector: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-...lack/dp/B07RRKQ9VD?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1&psc=1)
Ceiling mount: (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Celexon-1091395-Multicel-Projector-projectors-White/dp/B0154JCVYE/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=magnetic+projector+ceiling+mount&qid=1577627602&s=electronics&sr=1-

Projector on pop up bed.jpg
I have a roll up projector screen that fits in the pop up roof space on the way...

Last edited:
Improvised B pillar grab handle.

I bought the genuine one but the metal bracket sticks out with the van trim (bracket designed for shuttle up) and not sure about all those sharp edges esp in an accident.

Couple of hours pondering and looking at google images of beetle loop handles and have come up with this! 8mm fuel hose and 1” nylon webbing and two M6 flange head bolts into the bracket threadserts.

D566CDAA-0544-4574-ABE0-9FDD6B37F7E0.jpeg

24F32EF2-9152-4EA6-A860-897991B810E9.jpeg

F5F5FAD5-4A61-4AAB-9F0E-CFB62A86A2DF.jpeg

Heko deflectors and aftermarket door seals fitted today on 69 plate T6 4M 199BHP

The Heko deflectors i was a little unsure about, but they proved to be a sleek design and were a good fit and work fine with the power fold mirrors

The aftermarket door seals now makes it 'sound like a golf' ... the passenger door shuts no problem, drivers door needs a bit more of a slam... hoping that side beds in and becomes an easier close with a bit of time...

Back