What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

May the Gods of T-Cut shine on you Sam!
Headlight got a minor scuff and is a bit out of alignment however let’s see when I get her home. Looks superficial for sure.

Only minor damage to his sliding door and hardly anything to quarter panel - sort of things a pointless guy could repair quick and easily.

You’d think I’d killed his first born way he reacted (I left to go snowboarding and so my wife had to deal with it when he eventually arrived). He even called the police and they turned up . Imagine doing thet in uk.

Headlight got a minor scuff and is a bit out of alignment however let’s see when I get her home. Looks superficial for sure.

Only minor damage to his sliding door and hardly anything to quarter panel - sort of things a pointless guy could repair quick and easily.

You’d think I’d killed his first born way he reacted (I left to go snowboarding and so my wife had to deal with it when he eventually arrived). He even called the police and they turned up . Imagine doing thet in uk.
He's probably well within he's rights to be worked up about someone going in to the side of his van to be fair.

Replaced splitter and wheel after an encounter with a massive pothole hidden under a 100m flood! It must have been a good 300mm deep I had to reverse out otherwise even more damage would have occurred. Hopefully getting pics of the road when the flood has gone.
Claim going in once geometry is checked.
Ps if anyone wants the old splitter it probably can be repaired

IMG_1538.jpeg

IMG_1540.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

Replaced splitter and wheel after an encounter with a massive pothole hidden under a 100m flood! It must have been a good 300mm deep I had to reverse out otherwise even more damage would have occurred. Hopefully getting pics of the road when the flood has gone.
Claim going in once geometry is checked.
Ps if anyone wants the old splitter it probably can be repaired

View attachment 223314

View attachment 223315

View attachment 223316
Which splitter is that?

Started at 10am this morning, finished around 3pm..

- H7 Lights from this forum
- Sportline Bumper from this forum
- Wind deflectors recommended on this forum
- Side bars, just because..

Busy day! Coded the lights on Carista beta so low and high stay on together.

D84E6FA2-38D5-40AD-890B-0A4AF6B6F24C.png

Really not having a lot of luck lately. Just got the tyres sorted from the pothole and tonight somethings hit the van front like a shotgun and left a crack and lots of tiny white chips on the (until now factory perfect) windscreen and several chips out of the bonnet.

I've no idea what it was. Clear road, no wind, no other traffic, only about 35 mph and out of nowhere a massive bang and a visible half moon crack. Discovered the rest of the damage when I parked up on the drive.

Didn't see a thing, it's the most peculiar type of damage I've ever seen in a couple of decades of driving. Looks just like someone fired a punt gun of shrapnel at me.

Hopefully the crack will resin repair but the rest of the screen looks like it's done 100k in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
Cleared a big dump of snow that fell last night.

The extendable brush / scraper / squeegee I bought last year when here in Aldi I think did a grand job and the little folding stool I carry as I’m not that tall made it a one sided job.

Then spent an hour or so getting unstuck from the mud/ snow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The car wasn’t man enough so we used an old school block and tackle and winched it out.

IMG_3940.jpeg

IMG_3951.jpeg

IMG_3953.jpeg

Cleared a big dump of snow that fell last night.

The extendable brush / scraper / squeegee I bought last year when here in Aldi I think did a grand job and the little folding stool I carry as I’m not that tall made it a one sided job.

Then spent an hour or so getting unstuck from the mud/ snow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The car wasn’t man enough so we used an old school block and tackle and winched it out.

View attachment 223370

View attachment 223371

View attachment 223372
What an eventful trip! The joys of trotting the globe! Hope the snowboarding was good!! After all that would you rate those snow socks for us mere mortals?!

What an eventful trip! The joys of trotting the globe! Hope the snowboarding was good!! After all that would you rate those snow socks for us mere mortals?!
I would yes. They got me right out of the ice problem when I had the crash. Without them I’d have needed the other driver to reverse therefore probably causing more damage to everyone concerned or tow/winch mine backwards.

I reckon the money spent I saved on towing for sure.

Busy day today - what better way to spend Xmas Eve than working on the van :thumbsup:

1. Removed the jack mounting and fitted the other wheel arch sub enclosure.
  2. Wired them in series parallel as they are dual coil so I ended up with the 4ohm I needed at the amp.
  3. Refitted the amp and DSP under the passenger seat after trimming the shelf they are sitting on so that I can use the OEM rear seat base plastics. The first version I made wouldn’t let the rear cover fit :whistle:
  4. Hooked up the amp main feed with 4Awg wire to the new leisure battery fuse box I installed yesterday
  5. Fitted a 12v usb socket under passenger seat to power wifi hotspot from leisure battery fusebox
  6. Refitted both front seats
  7. Plugged the DSP in to the laptop to tweak the tuning
  8. Annoyed the wife with the engine running and bass thumping :D

Still to do:

1. Install an MPPT so I can hook up the solar panel to it and then connect the mppt to the leisure battery
  2. Re-run an ignition live feed wire from under passenger seat and relocate rear ‘mood’ lighting after I removed the storage pod they were attached to
  3. Decide whether I *need* rear speakers and if so decide which rear speakers I am going to buy/install
  4. Reinstall the cctv camera, powered from leisure battery fuse box
  5. investigate options for some kind of storage container for the jack and tyre pump and dustpan/brush after I removed the storage pod I made where this all lived.
  6. Install the suede liner I bought for the headlining about 3 months ago but have been putting off
IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_2676.jpeg

Not the van, but the Towbox.

3mm adhesive closed cell foam (replacing the 2mm I had used) to waterproof the non-waterproof lock.

1000002929.jpg

The stud kit is interesting…. can I ask why you’ve gone that route over the ‘normal’ bolts? Have you got any pictures (close up of the studs) with your wheels fitted? :thumbsup:
I've had / got stud and nut kits on other cars, makes wheel changing easier.. and adding spacers less hassle if needs be.IMG_3393.jpeg

Back