What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

img_1499-jpg.156840

LOVING this floor...

Is it this by any chance:- Coloured Dimas Wood ??? As this is what I've got on my 'shopping list'!

If so what are your thoughts on laminate in a van? Some kind of vinyl seems to be the generally recommended route.

I'd just so love this in mine (when it arrives, sometime never at this rate.....)

Last edited:
It's made by Egger and called Seville rainbow oak. It's a 7mm laminate floor - was a bit tricky cutting to fit round floor rails. Chosen by wife and she's well happy!

img_1499-jpg.156840

LOVING this floor...

Is it this by any chance:- Coloured Dimas Wood ??? As this is what I've got on my 'shopping list'!

If so what are your thoughts on laminate in a van? Some kind of vinyl seems to be the generally recommended route.

I'd just so love this in mine (when it arrives, sometime never at this rate.....)

Nice floor! A change from the standard Altro. Is that YoYo Glidemotion from Clearcut Conversions for the bed base? I’m planning to use this, so I’d be interested to understand what layers and thicknesses you built the floor with, how easy it is to slide and remove, and how much space you get when slid to each extreme.

Nice floor! A change from the standard Altro. Is that YoYo Glidemotion from Clearcut Conversions for the bed base? I’m planning to use this, so I’d be interested to understand what layers and thicknesses you built the floor with, how easy it is to slide and remove, and how much space you get when slid to each extreme.
Yes - it's a yo yo. With the runners accurately spaced and bolted down, the base slides relatively easily and locks off in 5 places.
The rails require 27mm. Clear cut provide 6mm packers to put in the dips in the floor, I then put 5mm insulation, 12mm ply, 3mm underlay and 7mm laminate.
Will post pics when bed installed but impressed so far!
Unless I'm missing something, the sub base you can see in my pic is not removeable once the rails are bolted down, but the bed frame can be unbolted from the base

Yes - it's a yo yo. With the runners accurately spaced and bolted down, the base slides relatively easily and locks off in 5 places.
The rails require 27mm. Clear cut provide 6mm packers to put in the dips in the floor, I then put 5mm insulation, 12mm ply, 3mm underlay and 7mm laminate.
Will post pics when bed installed but impressed so far!
Unless I'm missing something, the sub base you can see in my pic is not removeable once the rails are bolted down, but the bed frame can be unbolted from the base
We’re planning to put the clearcut conversions yo yo bed in our van.

Changed out this flat-spotted sliding door roller arm. Now silky smooth thanks to the WD40 :thumbsup:
Do you have a part number please? I have an electric sliding door that only sometimes won’t close, took it the VW and the issue wasn’t happening at the time so weren’t able to fix it. Wondering if this could be the issue.

Back