What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Can you post a pic showing where you put the seals?
I will tomorrow if that's OK, I was getting fed up of slamming my doors to close them. Also adding some sound deadening mats to the door helps too as it adds a bit of weight to the door. We'll worth doing too

It's not too bad tbh, it's definitely a job that you think, why did I start this now! Surprisingly the roof console was a doddle, the hardest part was getting the covers off of the sun visors to get to the screws. I used 14 sheets of dodo hex mat so should be a bit better than the solitary sheet vw fit!. Any questions just ask and I'll try and help!

Yes glad I fitted them but now slamming the drivers door doesn’t close it fully. I have to open it again and pull it firmly closed. Hopefully it will squash down and close first time.
I have the same problem with the driver's door and usually try to close it before any passenger closes theirs or I open the drivers window slightly to let out the air. I understand that the Caravelle has slam vents in the doors to alleviate the problem

Also a very well worth doing bit was removing the wiper motor and doing the scuttle panel, can't remember who recommended it, but thank you anyway. Makes a huge difference

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the driver's door and usually try to close it before any passenger closes theirs or I open the drivers window slightly to let out the air. I understand that the Caravelle has slam vents in the doors to alleviate the problem
If you look at davecdjt drivers door, imagine moving the seal to the left of the one in the pic, ie about 15mm to the left and for me it made a huge difference. I even reused the same seal too and seems to adhere better

well guess no t6.1 rear lights from transporterhq; just been emailed saying they have found a fault with them so aren't sending any out atm. Hopefully they'll get them sorted soon

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Made it reflective. Spent some time over the last few weekends getting the paintwork up to the required standard, and now enjoying the results. Starlight Blue is a cracking colour - almost black in some lights, a rich sparkly blue in direct sunlight, and has a purple tinge sometimes as well.

Reflection.jpg

Mixed emotions had some news from my converter today saying that it’s not going to be ready for Thursday and will have to wait until next week for collection but they did send some build images for me to drool over can’t wait till the day I can pick it up I just have to keep busy and not think about it

70FD910D-946F-4DDD-9E3C-AF317B728051.jpeg

CC2B624D-AE9C-4D4A-A469-0C8AD11CDAF4.jpeg

38B5883A-7DB4-4FAA-B0C0-43E2AF72D514.jpeg

Mixed emotions had some news from my converter today saying that it’s not going to be ready for Thursday and will have to wait until next week for collection but they did send some build images for me to drool over can’t wait till the day I can pick it up I just have to keep busy and not think about it

View attachment 156790

View attachment 156791

View attachment 156792
What’s going on with the exhaust if you don’t mind me asking?

Made it reflective. Spent some time over the last few weekends getting the paintwork up to the required standard, and now enjoying the results. Starlight Blue is a cracking colour - almost black in some lights, a rich sparkly blue in direct sunlight, and has a purple tinge sometimes as well.

View attachment 156764
Looks cracking , any advice to share ?

Back