What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted the roof rails for my canoe rack.

View attachment 152313
View attachment 152314
View attachment 152315
I’m just hoping the roof stays shut next week on the M6!

Just got back from The Lakes.

The canoe rack worked well. Would recommend

F15D27CB-39A0-458E-B313-81BB8D8C2873.jpeg

The rack is from Karitek

Just got back from The Lakes.

The canoe rack worked well. Would recommend

View attachment 154412

The rack is from Karitek

Which roof do you have? I’m planning to move my Karitek over to the new van when it eventually arrives, so roof loading is one of the main factors for me in choosing.

Wired in the solar cable to the CTEK and took the opportunity to remove everything, check for any cable damage and refit to a nice piece of carpeted ply so it’s a bit neater.
Solar tested and works. Need to drill holes and for to the roof bars on Wednesday.C6880345-2491-48C0-9B88-5520318814C8.jpeg22E0CDB5-D67C-4C3E-874C-5D6AE3618892.jpeg

Stripped out the rear roof panels and tidied up the temporary light wiring and removed the roof rails/bars ready for Skyline at WSM to do their thing on Thursday while the lovely Mrs W and I have a day and night in Bristol at the Harbour Hotel and spa and watch “Chicago” at the Hippodrome!
Also did some wheel bolt measuring and phone enquiries before ordering the right ones for the 15mm front spacers.

Stripped out the rear roof panels and tidied up the temporary light wiring and removed the roof rails/bars ready for Skyline at WSM to do their thing on Thursday while the lovely Mrs W and I have a day and night in Bristol at the Harbour Hotel and spa and watch “Chicago” at the Hippodrome!
Also did some wheel bolt measuring and phone enquiries before ordering the right ones for the 15mm front spacers.
I'm off to Skyline on Tuesday next week to have my LWB Aurora fitted. Staying in a local boozer called the plume of feathers. Plenty of ale sampling I'm sure and a bike ride to cheddar gorge.

45 mins….that could be a record! Grown men have wept attempting that cable routing!!!
Haha I’ve done something similar before so thought I was well prepared (little did I know) it took a lot longer than I expected, and despite all the electrical tools you can think of I now owe my mrs 1 x wire clothes hanger which saved the day

They look the nuts !
Can you explain how you did it ?

Sure,

• so I tapped into the 2 wires that supply the sliding-door doorstep light.

• then ran those wires to the 2 rear seat positions you see in the pics.

• I had the EVO ply seat covers already, and using a 30mm hole cutter to cut the rounded rectangle shape for the lights, and 2 jigsaw cuts for the straight edges.

• wrapped some electrical fabric tape round the lights to get a nice tight fit. Just need to find a suitable putty/glue/gunk to seal them in. Lights accessed from the back.

• hacked the plastic lip/edge off the lights to get them to sit flush. You don't need to do this.

I'll take some photos when I get a moment. Any questions fire away :)

Lights - https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/...ia-genuine-volkswagen-7e5947415k72a/id/432490
Connectors - 1J0971972 Seat VW Audi Female 2 Pin Connector Temp Sensor Plug 1.5mm 3B0972702 | eBay

I decided to fit my new Alpines in the front. Stripped down completely used silent coat and dodomat foam in the inside, then silent coat on the regulator plate. Followed by dodomat acoustic foam on the back of the door cards. Speakers were very easy to fit and sound awesome. Now have many cuts all over hands plus two big slashes from the silent coat.
20220425_145050.jpg20220425_154709.jpg20220425_160757.jpg20220425_162258.jpg

I decided to fit my new Alpines in the front. Stripped down completely used silent coat and dodomat foam in the inside, then silent coat on the regulator plate. Followed by dodomat acoustic foam on the back of the door cards. Speakers were very easy to fit and sound awesome. Now have many cuts all over hands plus two big slashes from the silent coat.
View attachment 154509View attachment 154510View attachment 154511View attachment 154512
Great job! How much has that cost you in acoustic materials (rather than blood and speakers) to do please?

View attachment 154509View attachment 154510View attachment 154511View attachment 154512
I must have done mine wrong as I didn't seem to get any cuts :p. Great work

The silent coat was £65 from Amazon for 40 sheets (doing other doors with it too) the dodomat liner cost £40 for 3m roll and £20 for the accoustic foam. Most likely need more at some point. I am doing the scuttle next.

Back