What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

No, as it would make the cabin feel smaller
Any other suggestions jog ? Naybe match to the suede colour. Roof lining has a case of mechanics hand marks from its previous life as an aa van
Nice job! What material did you use?
Its a process called flocking David. Its a whole load of nylon fibres that are applied via a gun similar to powder coat.

Got up on Saturday, opened the curtains, and saw this:

View attachment 152944

Yes, that's my passenger side rear brake light lens on top of my van.

Looking around, I see this next door, and a similar one on my driveway, but by the pavement:

View attachment 152945

That is a (heavy) roll of biodegradeable food caddy bags, as provided by the council.

The only explanation is that they are driving down the road, chucking them at the houses, like an american paper boy. It has hit the brake light at exactly the right angle, broken the tabs, and knocked it up onto the roof.

So, what to do? I can't do a simple light replacement, as I have vanshades on the barn doors, which cover up the second screw like this:

View attachment 152946

So, new LHS brake light from TransporterHQ. I removed the lens cover to try and use it as a replacement. Not easy, trying to lever the red hooks over the tabs without breaking them was very difficult, best not done in the cold. Here it is separated, and with the broken one:

View attachment 152947

View attachment 152948

It slots in no problem!

Oh, it slots out again.

In, out. Damn.

Trouble is, in order to separate the lens, the tabs have been slightly bent away from centre, and now they won't click over the hooky bits on the light housing. Bugger.

So anyway, I have superglued it in place; glue on the lens tabs which seems to have gripped onto the light housing. It seems as tight on the door as the other one, so we will see how it does. No picture, 'cos it is dark and it looks just like a brake light.

Anyway, if anyone needs a LHS barn door third-brake light with broken lens cover, I have one going spare!
If you have this problem with tabs in the future use a heat gun or hairdryer to bend them back. Works a treat.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Any other suggestions jog ? Naybe match to the suede colour. Roof lining has a case of mechanics hand marks from its previous life as an aa van

Its a process called flocking David. Its a whole load of nylon fibres that are applied via a gun similar to powder coat.
Ah, if the roof needs doing anyway because of the previous owners, then do it. Maybe in a lighter but contrasting colour?

I shall mostly be waiting for the newly installed xbox one x to finish it's updates today.
Need to investigate some extra strong 4g signal next. I've looked at the max view stuff but pretty sure there's a money saving DIY solution to it.

20220415_121024.jpg

With everything going full tilt. Lights x 2 sets ...chargers fridge tv and inverter.
Pretty safe to say I'm happy enough with this now. Roamer battery was well worth the money.

Screenshot_20220415-121341_Roamer BMS.jpgScreenshot_20220415-121357.jpg

Well gave the owd van a splash of water and some new boots today along with the Bazzinga gold coloured powder coated wheels.
Then had to take the side bars off because they looked a bit worn.

So now need to decide if I replace them and change the colour to match the wheels or leave them off

It never ends!! and I've got another set of wheels going next week for a colour change:rolleyes:
20220415_114348.jpg

20220415_154647~2.jpg

Well gave the owd van a splash of water and some new boots today along with the Bazzinga gold coloured powder coated wheels.

So now need to decide if I replace them and change the colour to match the wheels or leave them off

It never ends!! and I've got another set of wheels going next week for a colour change:rolleyes:
View attachment 153197

View attachment 153198
Lovely wheels

View attachment 153197

View attachment 153198
They look a bit pink in that photo. :uh run:

Or shall we settle for rose gold?

Been meaning to do this for awhile, but an encounter with a big rock on the side of the road made my mind up. Finally got round to to removing the robot chin from the front of the van.
Before
A7FCD6B6-4B8E-41ED-8451-4819ACCBDA1E.jpeg
After
C070C670-2A34-4F84-9442-90B85A7CEE63.jpeg
There’s a few rub marks and few gouges (that’s why I’m guessing the previous owner put the sport line bumper on), I’m assuming plastic bumpers can be paint corrected or repainted?
A8109A07-324E-482E-9B8A-904027B8D3B3.jpeg

Did the same a few months back, way better. The “Non Robot” looks as it should :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back