What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Same thought process as you, the fun is in fitting the bed for me, I also don’t want a fully kitted out van but the usefulness of a bed/chair is perfect for me.

I do like the idea of rails to move the seat/bed forwards and backwards as needed.
I looked at rib with rails but couldn't justify the extra cost
I also wanted the Rusty Lee frame as there's loads of storage underneath & it's the 4 cushion version that I wanted as I'm getting a memory foam topper which will store on the dummy seat at the back

Did some tweaks with my OBD11 last night and most importantly switched off the "Comfort indicators" which means that I can flash an indicator only once when leaving a roundabout or changing lane if I want to, not forced to be three flashes. Also set the "parking lights" to stay on after removing the key from the ignition and set the DRLs to stay on with the headlights which just looks a lot better. Nice to have some control where my basic head unit doesn't offer it.

Mine was £189.
I have mine booked in for first service tomorrow at Hatfield VW dealer, phoned to book yesterday as I wanted to know the correct cost as first service and low mileage and most importantly that it could be done while I wait. I was told that it would be £226 and that I could wait and it would be done within 1.5hrs max.

Just had call from dealer confirming the appointment saying it would be £249 and that it would be done by 13.00 and that I can’t wait!

I have mine booked in for first service tomorrow at Hatfield VW dealer, phoned to book yesterday as I wanted to know the correct cost as first service and low mileage and most importantly that it could be done while I wait. I was told that it would be £226 and that I could wait and it would be done within 1.5hrs max.

Just had call from dealer confirming the appointment saying it would be £249 and that it would be done by 13.00 and that I can’t wait!
The only time a VW dealer has given me a time slot is when I told them if they couldn’t do so I would take it elsewhere.
The normal solution from the Service Manager is ‘can you drop it off by 0800 and pick it up at the end of the day’.
Just offer to take your business (money) elsewhere.

One step back, I have the bulb out lamp on. Which of the 2 likely culprits would it be before I start swapping bulbs out ? The LED drl's or the LED side light bulbs ?

Led DRL's probably
Which one's did you buy?

I have the same on mine after fitting Osram drl's, I can live with it for time being but will either try to see if I can get it Coded out....or fit some of these

Last edited:
Both are Phillip's after checking.
Same here, I can live with it. Probably take the bulb warning feature off with Carista if that's possible.
Thanks for pic of those bulbs, let me know how you get on with them

why not spend £50 and do it yourself?

They're not bulbs, they're resistors, you fit them in line with the drl's that you already have fitted to stop the bulb out warning
Same here, I can live with it. Probably take the bulb warning feature off with Carista if that's possible.

Carista Beta can apparently code the dipped and main together, was on a thread on the forum recently.

My money's on the DRLs as I just fixed this on the H4's using an OBD11 for my Osram DRLs, and the sidelights were fine. Also, the sidelights are very similar to their Phillips, so most likely the same way around.

I found that the diagnostics lamp setting suppresses the lamp on the dash but not the fault. The fault(s) just remains listed and you can ignore it.

Thanks to @Robert on this thread: https://www.t6forum.com/threads/gui...o-t6-h4-headlights-on-a-vw-transporter.25068/

Back