What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Not today but yesterday. I had some new rubber fitted Michelin Latitude Cross, a tyre more worthy of a 4motion than the continentals it came with. Unfortunately there was an issue with the tyre fitters machine and it gouged all of my wheels. We didn't notice until it was too late and we were on the third wheel. Looks like 4 wheels need powder coated now Not a happy bunny. Tyre fitter is going to pay he was as gutted as me. :(

Hi, today I'd had enough of listening to my Dometic wind out awning rattling and banging on these West Yorkshire pot holed
and worn roads, not helped I guess by my T32 tyres/suspension. I thought it was the mounting but turned out to be the casing.
Not a permanent fix, but bliss at the moment.
Filled it full of bits of upholstery foam which has sorted the rattling and given me some ideas for a permanent fix.
Tomorrow, need to find out why my map reading light unit looks as though it's going to fall into my lap. (loose, slightly dropped at front.)

So after getting the heater fitted by Absolute5 I set about getting the controller mounted up in the roof cubby hole.

Started by removing the tray50906931-EE2F-4F3D-81B3-BDF904D507B7.jpeg Modelled the panel in solidworks and printed it out (8hr print job) I’m not happy with the strength of the locating tabs though so might try to improve it at some point424D1AB4-C597-4B13-9B98-11CC6DAA39D4.jpeg Glued some headlining material and fitted a co2 alarm and the heater controls092374B7-2A46-497C-811F-17EE71985958.jpeg 1599859B-63BA-4128-BAB7-F2E91845445E.jpeg Finished job3812CB1C-082D-4BB4-B6A3-E48606E562B7.jpeg Took the opportunity to run some LED lights too8C74A016-49BE-44F0-8D81-AD44B63C67D1.jpeg

Not bad for a few hours this afternoon

So after getting the heater fitted by Absolute5 I set about getting the controller mounted up in the roof cubby hole.

Started by removing the trayView attachment 30550 Modelled the panel in solidworks and printed it out (8hr print job) I’m not happy with the strength of the locating tabs though so might try to improve it at some pointView attachment 30551 Glued some headlining material and fitted a co2 alarm and the heater controlsView attachment 30553 View attachment 30552 Finished jobView attachment 30554 Took the opportunity to run some LED lights tooView attachment 30555

Not bad for a few hours this afternoon
This is making me think that I need a 3D printer!
How much did your printer etc cost and how hard/easy are they to use?

Luckily I have access to some kit through a friend he uses it for work so it hasn’t cost me anything.

My experience though was that most of the free CAD packages were absolutely rubbish and I struggled to get anything meaningful out of them. After an hours tuition with solidworks I managed to model this easily enough apart from the securing tabs that I don’t think are strong enough. However a years solidworks license is about £6k !!!!! So might be better to try a few more free packages one of them must be ok.

The printer I used was about £1.8k but I’m led to believe anything with a heated bed is good enough for this sort of thing and more money just buys speed rather than quality.

Horrible morning at work in the snow only for it to brighten up enough to give this a good clean :D

Didn’t last long.... it’s now raining again. Typical.

Also fitted an adjustable leg to my table inside and emptied 6 months worth of junk out the glove box. Was happy until the rain arrived.

2FADAEFB-2B6C-40E9-B254-595407C1E6B6.jpeg 7034C021-1510-4DCC-8933-EA7BB9C8460A.jpeg

Horrible morning at work in the snow only for it to brighten up enough to give this a good clean :D

Didn’t last long.... it’s now raining again. Typical.

Also fitted an adjustable leg to my table inside and emptied 6 months worth of junk out the glove box. Was happy until the rain arrived.

View attachment 30782 View attachment 30783

Love your van mate I see you are selling your wheels on another well known site. Just out of curiosity what tyres are you running as I want the same ones but black.

I spotted those too @G12RYX and they are a very fair price. I'm surprised you didn't pay to be VIP and advertise on here.
Much cheaper to advertise, no final value fee if they sell through here, and I suspect they'd sell just as quickly.

@RyanGerry there's a couple of pictures on his advert that show you what tyres he's running mate.

I spotted those too @G12RYX and they are a very fair price. I'm surprised you didn't pay to be VIP and advertise on here.
Much cheaper to advertise, no final value fee if they sell through here, and I suspect they'd sell just as quickly.

@RyanGerry there's a couple of pictures on his advert that show you what tyres he's running mate.
Yeah I did see but not sure if his running the same front and rear ?
I’m looking at rim style and they have different sizes front and rear

If you only need occasional use there are quite a few places online where you can send the file containing the object you need and they will print it and send it back to you. I haven’t done it myself but a friend of mine has used this place on 2 occasions and has been happy with the results
Homepage

Yeah I did see but not sure if his running the same front and rear ?
I’m looking at rim style and they have different sizes front and rear

I had a set of Savini wheels in the exact same style as @G12RYX wheels, and take it from me, they are pure hell to keep clean. I love Black wheels, but I'd never buy another set like that in Black, and it was the main reason I sold them and moved to Silver wheels.
Mine were covered in brake dust in as little as 10 miles, where as Silver is a lot easier to maintain.

I do agree that Black wheels look amazing on certain colour vans though.

Back