What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Looking good Adam. Are we going to have a step by step install thread to look forward to? Cali bed looking good too and you've got the tool kit case as well :)

To be fair mate, the kit is very straightforward. They supply quite detailed instructions with the kit, including how to make up a subfloor.

I’ve made it hard by installing it over a Cali floor and beneath a HiLo roof, so I’ve had to trim around 30mm off the bottom (it’s already trimmed something like 12mm for a rubber floor) and heat & bend the top.

As for the Cali, yes it came with the toolkit as well as a refurbed plastic trim, which was a bonus.
I trimmed the corner box section but didn’t know about adapting the seat base, so have lost something like 370mm travel. Not the end of the world as it still slides right forward and back in line with where most fixed beds sit.

Fitted 2mm Silencoat to the roof, rear quarter panels and the tailgate, will do slider fixed door and tailgate, then make a start on the thermal insulation tomorrow :--D

Sykaflexing a 100w Biard panel my lads camper roof... hope it sets overnight as he's off to Coed-Llandegla tomorrow with his cycling pals!
I've left an oil-filled rad running inside to keep the roof warmish.

biard.jpg

and a cheap Chinese controller with homebrew bluetooth monitoring added... until he can afford a Victron...

controller.jpg

...and we have sunshine!

charging.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitted 2mm Silencoat to the roof, rear quarter panels and the tailgate, will do slider fixed door and tailgate, then make a start on the thermal insulation tomorrow :--D
Done the 'fixed' door, slider and tailgate, still have to do the arches but Oh my word, what a world of difference!!! It's made me realise how noisy the front end is! Once I've finished on the back I'll be getting some more SilentCoat for the front cab roof, doors and dashboard for sure.

***UPDATE*** Arches done, what a difference, we have a concrete surfaced dual carriageway near here it was like being in a decent car and you could hold a conversation with passengers in the 2nd row without a problem and I've not yet done the thermal insulation, carpeted the metalwork or the replacement ply lining!

Last edited:
Added the black wrap to the front wing.
Saw this somewhere on a pic of another van & really liked it
Not so sure now !

Added the black wrap to the front wing.
Saw this somewhere on a pic of another van & really liked it
Not so sure now !
I like that and works really well on a white van.
Have you thought about taking it along the whole side? I think it would look good. It would split the van and bring in the black wheels.
Edit. May sound daft but you could try it with gorilla tape first, stand back ( probably across the road would be best) so you don't see the imperfections and see how it looks before you commit.

Got a dent pulled out of the sliding door, looking good, just need to remove the paint left over from the other car door and hopefully it will look as good as new. Before pictures...

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

I like that and works really well on a white van.
Have you thought about taking it along the whole side? I think it would look good. It would split the van and bring in the black wheels.
Edit. May sound daft but you could try it with gorilla tape first, stand back ( probably across the road would be best) so you don't see the imperfections and see how it looks before you commit.

really not sure about it yet. will give it a while & see

X4 New flexi mudflaps fitted hopfully will keep the crap off the van.
They even cope when fully aired out :thumbsup:
Appologies for the state of the van its filthy but not washing it till thursday, well thats what i keep telling myself:rofl:

View attachment 27855

View attachment 27857

View attachment 27858

View attachment 27859

View attachment 27860

View attachment 27861

Andy how did you find fitting them? I have some on shelf, I looked at fitting them but didn’t seem to fit right. Maybe I need to put more time into it. Hmmm.

Not so much a modification, more a flexible addition. We use the van for general purpose carrying "stuff", which is not always clean. The bed limits what we can carry, but £20 of 3mm rubber sheeting from Ebay laid onto the bed means we don't have to worry so much about damaging or messing up the van interior when carrying untidy stuff.

Pete

IMG_6326.jpg

Not so much a modification, more a flexible addition. We use the van for general purpose carrying "stuff", which is not always clean. The bed limits what we can carry, but £20 of 3mm rubber sheeting from Ebay laid onto the bed means we don't have to worry so much about damaging or messing up the van interior when carrying untidy stuff.
View attachment 28512
Hi Pete - This looks really useful - can you post a link or what the stuff is called please?

Back