What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

That’s shocking Out of interest what have THQ said about it all be very interested to find out as I’m planning on getting a few bits done there
I'm taking the hit and get a local garage to do it, it's not going there again.

All done. No problems apart from them pointing out to me that when THQ put my B14s on, they removed the front offside drive shaft and put the CV boots back on with zip ties, with one becoming loose and stretched to the extent it now needs replacing. Obviously not covered by warranty. A little cheesed off.
... or was the drive shaft swapped?....

I'm taking the hit and get a local garage to do it, it's not going there again.
Hmm not good mate I hope it ain’t to much of a hit. It’s given me second thoughts now. Hope it’s all sorted for yah soon mate

I'm not an expert when it comes to fitting B14's but I am aware of the fitting processes, and don't see any reason a CV joint or drive shaft would be touched during a suspension installation. You are able to remove the front legs without disturbing the the drive shafts if it's anything like previous VW set-ups. You should be able to remove the pinch bolts and knock out the hub assembly, then lever down the whole lower arm, keeping the driveshafts in situ without disturbing them.
Daft question, but have you had any other work carried out under there @andys ?

Last edited:
Got the van mapped at Revo so now it goes well. Managed to change the dull yellow DRL’s to some led and change the H4 oem bulbs to nightbreaker lazers. That’s a couple of things ticked of the list.

675DB9EE-36D2-4150-837A-D995A6622345.jpeg

27138EB4-547A-4836-9612-88D7BEF3C693.jpeg

I'm not an expert when it comes to fitting B14's but I am aware of the fitting processes, and don't see any reason a CV joint or drive shaft would be touched during a suspension installation. You are able to remove the front legs without disturbing the the drive shafts if it's anything like previous VW set-ups. You should be able to remove the pinch bolts and knock out the hub assembly, then lever down the whole lower arm, keeping the driveshafts in situ without disturbing them.
Daft question, but have you had any other work carried out under there @andys ?
Only ARBS, which were also done there, on a second visit, at which I also asked them to drop the back down as it wasn't level. They didn't bother doing that. I remember when the B14s were fitted that it was late finishing and I was told that they had difficulty getting something off.
No other work has been carried out under there other than new tyres, which I watched being fitted.
I've seen enough to know I won't be asking them to do any more work on the van.

Only ARBS, which were also done there, on a second visit, at which I also asked them to drop the back down as it wasn't level. They didn't bother doing that. I remember when the B14s were fitted that it was late finishing and I was told that they had difficulty getting something off.
No other work has been carried out under there other than new tyres, which I watched being fitted.

I'd give them the opportunity to fix any issues you have, they've got an new mechanic just joined who has a really good reputation in the transporter scene as a suspension guru, he knows coilovers and air ride very very well

I still don't see how any of that work would require touching the CV joints, gators or drive shafts but it's one of those things you won't ever find out I guess.
I know Andy at HQ personally and he's a really nice chap. I'm sure if you'd of called him and explained what was found, he'd be happy to help you out.
Like Mark says above, they've moved to a bigger building two doors down, and now have a new dedicated chap who apparently knows his onions.

B14s, H&R anti roll bars and revolution stage 1 to 295bhp and 350 lbft.

Best mods so far, van drives like car, it’s almost fun !

B14s, H&R anti roll bars and revolution stage 1 to 295bhp and 350 lbft.

Best mods so far, van drives like car, it’s almost fun !

Well I suppose if your going to mod your van doing it in one big bang is the way to go lol....it sounds like fun ....fair play :thumbsup:

I still don't see how any of that work would require touching the CV joints, gators or drive shafts but it's one of those things you won't ever find out I guess.
I know Andy at HQ personally and he's a really nice chap. I'm sure if you'd of called him and explained what was found, he'd be happy to help you out.
Like Mark says above, they've moved to a bigger building two doors down, and now have a new dedicated chap who apparently knows his onions.
I don't know enough about it to understand what they did or didn't need to do, all I know is that they are the only ones who have done any work under the van so they did it. No, I'm not going back, I don't complain I just go elsewhere.

Reactions: MrT
New ply lining, more sound deadening and dodo mat arrived today....just need the rain to stop over the weekend now
20181109_204313.jpg

All done. No problems apart from them pointing out to me that when THQ put my B14s on, they removed the front offside drive shaft and put the CV boots back on with zip ties, with one becoming loose and stretched to the extent it now needs replacing. Obviously not covered by warranty. A little cheesed off.

As regards JCT600 van centre in Sheffield, thumbs up, will use again. A couple came in and collected a lovely Indium Grey 4Motion Sportline while I was there.

Not the first sketchy report I've read about Transporter HQ for sure. I'd be apoplectic.

Wondering what they've been doing and what they hadn't done correctly would be doing my head in :eek:

Good to hear another JCT600 Sheffield thumbs up. Leighton use them for PDi and warranty work etc, so they are very used to seeing and caring for pampered high spec vans. Leighton took mine there for EGR warranty and it came back spotless, not even a finger print anywhere (it wasn't washed either as I told them not to). Long drive for me but if it's something I can't use an independent for, I will go there for peace of mind.

Is that a genuine Velle grill?

I've scanned up and down and up and down, and cannot see any difference in bumpers other than the chrome trim?

Don’t say that, cost a small fortune to change :eek:
The top photo is the Startline bumper, different size spacing on the highline.

Back