What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Love your van mate I see you are selling your wheels on another well known site. Just out of curiosity what tyres are you running as I want the same ones but black.

Hello mate. I keep changing my mind. One minute I want to sell them, the next I don’t. And the only reason I do is like tourershine says, they’re a nightmare to keep clean.

I spotted those too @G12RYX and they are a very fair price. I'm surprised you didn't pay to be VIP and advertise on here.
Much cheaper to advertise, no final value fee if they sell through here, and I suspect they'd sell just as quickly.

@RyanGerry there's a couple of pictures on his advert that show you what tyres he's running mate.

Tyres are 255/40/20 and 275/35/20

I had a set of Savini wheels in the exact same style as @G12RYX wheels, and take it from me, they are pure hell to keep clean. I love Black wheels, but I'd never buy another set like that in Black, and it was the main reason I sold them and moved to Silver wheels.
Mine were covered in brake dust in as little as 10 miles, where as Silver is a lot easier to maintain.

I do agree that Black wheels look amazing on certain colour vans though.

This brake dust/rust issue drives me mad. As you say 10 miles and the centre drum and spokes will have rusty water marks etc all over them and with the wheels being so open they just look dirty instantly. I want to get a set I can get my hands through so I don’t have to keep taking the wheels off to clean :laugh:

I do keep meaning to become VIP I’ve just never got round to it. May be a job for today :thumbsup:

Finished all the wiring for the new roof LED's (2 above row 2, 2 in the cargo area and 2 on the tailgate with each set of 2 independently switched for on/off/door), 2 roof mounted USB's above the second row and a USB + 12v socket each side in the back, also...

Made and trimmed some speaker pods for my 6x9's, busy, busy, busy!!!

I fitted two small moveable LED reading lights to the rear pod by the tailgate, without removing the pod, by pushing the wires through a 10mm hole and trying to retrieve them in the wardrobe. Took about one and a half hours for the closest one, and about 3 mins for the longer one!

C745331A-5D39-4E4C-8EDA-F9AA8132B5D5.jpeg

First time bumper removal today . Slightly nervous about it . But was no problem . Broke one trim fitting but other than that plain sailing .
Finally changed my h4 lights to genuine h7
Really pleased with them also put osram drl bulbs and osram h7 bulbs in .
Oh and carevelle grille. I was torn between gloss black after market grille or the genuine caravelle. Decided to stay OEM . Will keep the lower grille drl for now !

Before and after .

upload_2018-11-4_11-44-40.jpeg
upload_2018-11-4_11-45-27.jpeg

581460FF-EE4F-4BA3-8ABC-A2216EDB7B13.jpeg

Seemed to have turned of the auto stop start just by using the ignition stop start button and the gears. Chuffed to bits. Just don't ask me how though.

First time bumper removal today . Slightly nervous about it . But was no problem . Broke one trim fitting but other than that plain sailing .
Finally changed my h4 lights to genuine h7
Really pleased with them also put osram drl bulbs and osram h7 bulbs in .
Oh and carevelle grille. I was torn between gloss black after market grille or the genuine caravelle. Decided to stay OEM . Will keep the lower grille drl for now !

Before and after .

View attachment 31105
View attachment 31106

View attachment 31107

Starting to really like the Velle grill, they add a touch of class. Did you buy yours new?

Sat in VW in Sheffield waiting for its first service. When I arrived they told me that it needs a recall which will add another hour to the length of time they had told me I'd have to wait.

All done. No problems apart from them pointing out to me that when THQ put my B14s on, they removed the front offside drive shaft and put the CV boots back on with zip ties, with one becoming loose and stretched to the extent it now needs replacing. Obviously not covered by warranty. A little cheesed off.

As regards JCT600 van centre in Sheffield, thumbs up, will use again. A couple came in and collected a lovely Indium Grey 4Motion Sportline while I was there.

on the thq website it says they have a local garage fit their b14s,is this the case with yours or did thq fit them?.

on the thq website it says they have a local garage fit their b14s,is this the case with yours or did thq fit them?.
They fitted them

Edit: Or at least I assumed they did, that's where I took it and who took the money.

Went to a gin tasting evening. Couldn't drive home so Bec had too. Luckily/unluckily I'd had 10 gins (5 mine 5 hers). her first and last time driving the van before tonight resulted in her hitting the door mirror on a fence post. No paint trading this time however moving forward the autowatch ghost not only stops thieves but the other half driving the van.

Last edited:
Back