What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I've got my eye on these. Whats your overall opinion of them?.
I like the look and they seem ok quality but they seem to be sitting at different heights when you compare the sides and the instructions give a torque rating that is too high to reach as the bracket starts to deform. Also it gives quite detailed instructions on how to cut the splash guard thing which are totally wrong. Luckily I checked and didn’t blindly cut as instructed! A bit annoying really as if there are no instructions you would use your judgement to fit.

Essentially, get them, bin the instructions and fit them and they would be great.

Having the wiring altered at AJC Conversions that feeds the BlackVue dash cam, swapping from main battery to leisure battery. This will allow the solar panel and leisure batteries to feed the dash cam 24/7.
Whilst there, saw a fellow T6 Forum members van having a full conversion.
Looking smart on 19” Amarok Cantara’s

@JasonW ?

0E1C1905-364D-44AA-86A5-9C6B401C1CF4.jpeg

Not today and sadly not by me but the excellent team at @BognorMotors installed B14’s, ARB, wheel spacers, Revo stage 1, Eagle F1 and painted brake callipers. Very happy with the results- especially the remap, makes a massive difference!

next up front splitter, steering wheel and audio before the list is complete forever...

36270595-FF7A-4ACC-9958-26C250EB26D3.jpeg

199727B2-7D87-4821-BA95-712D692A334E.jpeg

Not today and sadly not by me but the excellent team at @BognorMotors installed B14’s, ARB, wheel spacers, Revo stage 1, Eagle F1 and painted brake callipers. Very happy with the results- especially the remap, makes a massive difference!

next up front splitter, steering wheel and audio before the list is complete forever...

View attachment 60804

View attachment 60805

Great to meet you yesterday and thanks for the business. Really pleased you love the transformation so far

Completed my VW puddle lights.
Replaced door cards after Eton speakers install.
Completed mechanical install for Slider door power latching mod. Electrical side still to do.
Removed front lighter compartment in preparation for switched usb socket.

Removed my bog standard Durite VSR and Halfords 115ah Leisure battery (rated for 60 cycles :eek:) which the VSR never managed to charge above 12.4v and installed a CTEK 250SE and Leoch 130ah battery. Used the existing 16mm wire from the VSR so no drama there, ignition feed was simple but a PITA to feed to the front and quite a drama removing the Halfords battery as the compartment in the rear cupbaords is big enough for the battery and then the main charger, consumer unit and distribution board were fitted on top of it :cautious::cautious::cautious:
All working and a battery monitor fitted. Slight issue with the previously reported issue of causing the Propex to show an over voltage error. I've reset it and if it returns I'll just fit a rectifier.

Having the wiring altered at AJC Conversions that feeds the BlackVue dash cam, swapping from main battery to leisure battery. This will allow the solar panel and leisure batteries to feed the dash cam 24/7.
Whilst there, saw a fellow T6 Forum members van having a full conversion.
Looking smart on 19” Amarok Cantara’s

@JasonW ?

View attachment 60714

Could you give me a bit more info on that?? We have a blackvue and opted for the extra battery pack for it but the dashcam never seems to last more than a few hours before it dies.
I am very interested in getting it ti work better and AJC is a great company.
:)

Westfalia detachable tow bar. 90nm + 120 degrees doesnt sound much but its hernia inducing!! Taking to PF Jones for the electrics.

42E8144E-68EC-4CC3-8BB6-6C73A3DE25CD.jpeg

EE3D85BA-DE61-41B6-93AC-9D714D48E9F0.jpeg

That's the swivel benchseat removed and the single in its place, much better for me having the walkthrough. A bit of blood, 3 trips to B&Q before I got the right combination of socket (17mm) and socket drive size (1/2"), good job it's only 5 minutes away. I was gambling as waiting on DHL at the same time bringing the seat. All went well and I had the seat removed before they turned up, so almost a straightforward job.
I've realised the M8 x20mm (13mm socket) bolts attaching base to rails aren't strong enough so I've ordered high tensile replacements, nobody gets in the front seat until Friday. The seat recline knob was either broken or less likely I broke it unwrapping the chair, so new one ordered along with a plastic base insert for the back of the seat. The flat panel at the back of the seat is missing, and it looks like the seat has come from a bulkhead van so it will have to stay like that just now. To finish off, front walkthrough mat with T6 logo, Sportline seat covers which disguise the fact that the two seats have different trims, oh and front mudguards in the morning.
We're getting there, next biggie is the head unit change next week, the garage will be doing that one.
It's also worth saying a lot of the information for the day came from searching through the site, thanks to all who post up helpful info.

Could you give me a bit more info on that?? We have a blackvue and opted for the extra battery pack for it but the dashcam never seems to last more than a few hours before it dies.
I am very interested in getting it ti work better and AJC is a great company.
:)

@Stewby:
My 1ch Blackvue 750S was fitted with a Power Magic Pro, set to a time of infinity and voltage at 12V. This means that it would never turn off unless the T6 battery reached a critical level of 12V. In the real world, this would mean that working 24/7 without being driven, it would last for approx. 3 / 4 days. As, during winter time, it may not be driven for a week or 2, this wasn't practical. So it was decided to permanently rewire it to the 2 x 110amp/hr leisure batteries, fed by the solar panel on the roof.
So far, so good...

Last edited:
Rear spoiler fitted today as per vw instructions. Always a worry when you start drilling into a 2 month old van.

Vankraft bench seat recline / fold bracket fitted. Having all the right tools helped but even an idiot like me managed to complete the job in well under two hours and that included cutting and fitting a board to slide under the material on the back to provide a nice flat surface when it's folded (Gordon from Vankraft helpfully supplies a drawing for it which is avail;able from his website).
As others have said on here, it makes things far more comfortable for whichever of us is the passenger and along with the seatshelf and arm rest / storage box that I posted about here:
makes the front seat a much nicer place to be. It might not be quite as comfortable as a single captains seat but we prefer the bench seat because of the extra storage space that you get with it and therefore regard that as a good trade off.

Last edited:
Out of interest what board did you use and gave you got std Simora or are they upgraded?
Vankraft bench seat recline / fold bracket fitted. Having all the right tools helped but even an idiot like me managed to complete the job in well under two hours and that included cutting and fitting a board to slide under the material on the back to provide a nice flat surface when it's folded (Gordon from Vankraft helpfully supplies a drawing for it which is avail;able from his website).
As others have said on here, it makes things far more comfortable for whichever of us is the passenger and along with the seatshelf and arm rest / storage box that I posted about here:
makes the front seat a much nicer place to be. It might not be quite as comfortable as a single captains seat but we prefer the bech seat because of the extra storage space that you get with it and therefore regard that as a good trade off.

Back