What Have You Bought Today?

Not today, but yesterday. I bought my camper. LWB in Starlight Blue. It was sparkling clean when i picked it up. The 1.5 hour drive home in rain, hail and sleet made it look as if I'd been off roading. It is minging. A Kenwood 8019 unit also arrived yesterday and that gets fitted next week. It is costing us a fortune this campervanning lark!
I also bought this. Not as nice as the socks above, but thought it'd be good for our first trip away in just over week.

Pinot.jpg

Not today, but yesterday. I bought my camper. LWB in Starlight Blue. It was sparkling clean when i picked it up. The 1.5 hour drive home in rain, hail and sleet made it look as if I'd been off roading. It is minging. A Kenwood 8019 unit also arrived yesterday and that gets fitted next week. It is costing us a fortune this campervanning lark!
I also bought this. Not as nice as the socks above, but thought it'd be good for our first trip away in just over week.

View attachment 114983
Welcome to the world of Starlight Blue ownership. I've never had to wash a vehicle so much !!

PXL_20210508_141454147.jpg
I never thought I would be excited about really useful boxes, but found these really useful crates which are perfect to use for plates and food under the cooker at a decent height in the awning

A couple of CBE sockets and surrounds, 2 x 12v power sockets and 2 x Thievel double USB sockets for installation in storage areas at rear of van.

Reactions: CAB
Rusty Lee 1300 3 Seater... Very slowing coming along

Attachments

• 196B0F92-B249-4BCA-9765-16EC64F4A2C7.jpeg
    196B0F92-B249-4BCA-9765-16EC64F4A2C7.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 14
  • F6AF6B21-D675-426F-88E3-3EA7E5D87FC5.jpeg
    F6AF6B21-D675-426F-88E3-3EA7E5D87FC5.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 13
A decent bucket, snowlance attachment, microfibre mitts, uhd wax, marine wax and some polar blast.

Just gotta wait til it stops raining to try them out!
You need two buckets - one for suds and one for rinse water. Rinsing you wash mitt after each application of suds. Best way to minimise swirl marks.

top tip:
We have a similar style fridge and if you open the freezer compartment and forget about it then try and shut the main door it causes damage so we put a small magnet on the freezer lid so it will never stay up therefore can’t cause damage

Found a practical use for the really useful crate, it has enough of a gap to allow the gas line out of the lower box (and hence ventilated too):
PXL_20210508_150030507.jpg

Oh, and ordered VW roof rails from VW (supplying, not fitting!) And found some longer 135cm cross bars to reuse my existing thule rack for the bikes

Back