What Have You Bought Today?

View attachment 115180
I never thought I would be excited about really useful boxes, but found these really useful crates which are perfect to use for plates and food under the cooker at a decent height in the awning
I'm just about to pick up a few 35l boxes as dimensions seem about perfect to fit under the rear platform on my rib bed with about 10-15cm for anything flat on top.
Got some for the house and great quality, haven't looked at the folding crates unsure what benefit they gove to the solid boxes?

I'm just about to pick up a few 35l boxes as dimensions seem about perfect to fit under the rear platform on my rib bed with about 10-15cm for anything flat on top.
Got some for the house and great quality, haven't looked at the folding crates unsure what benefit they gove to the solid boxes?
They aren't folding. They are rigid 64l versions with an open front...like a picking crate. More pics here Post in thread 'What Have You Bought Today?' https://www.t6forum.com/threads/what-have-you-bought-today.12436/post-382200

After the last debacle and effort involved when my van was bogged, I bought a set of recovery tracks and will take them on my travels from now on.
Hopefully I will never have to use them but it gives another option to get going again.

Attachments

• 20210517_064551.jpg
    20210517_064551.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 40
I ordered a Thetford 345 Porta Potti today (but it will have to be a pretty extreme emergency before big jobbie go into it!). All I've got to do now is sort out a storage box / disguise of some sort for it. I suspect that I will end up making one myself as I baulk at the prospect of potentially spending twice the price of the toilet for an off the shelf version.

I ordered a Thetford 345 Porta Potti today (but it will have to be a pretty extreme emergency before big jobbie go into it!). All I've got to do now is sort out a storage box / disguise of some sort for it. I suspect that I will end up making one myself as I baulk at the prospect of potentially spending twice the price of the toilet for an off the shelf version.
Plain Plywood Porta Potti 365 Storage Buddy Seat — Van Furniture......... this any good to you

Thanks for that but as I indicated in my previous post, I don't really fancy spending twice as much on the disguise as I did on the thing itself.

@Donk - if your new engine cover rattles because the bottom LHS supplied bolt/screw isn't tight enough, then these from Halfords work a treat.

1621521785431.png

I know a few folk on here have had issues with this, myself included.

Fitted the top engine cover bought from Transporter HQ:

It turned this:

View attachment 108074

Into this:

View attachment 108075

But there was a problem with the push in rivet supplied that fits from the bottom LHS of the cover to the top of the bumper cover.
It didn't fit and just kept falling out!!

So off to Halfords to buy:

View attachment 108076

For a not unreasonable £2.20

That fitted perfectly and closed the gap together:

View attachment 108077

View attachment 108078

Last edited:
1621621807263.jpeg
went to buy a Cadac pizza lifter and screw awning pegs and came away with the Westfield windshield Pro...now when the rain stops I’ll try it in the garden

Back