What Have You Been Listening To Today?

Not into S&M here either but I'm sure there was a Jim Kerr song covered in the cornation ceremony at the weekend.
I did like their "I Promised You a Mackerel" though as that was part of that post disco not quite new romantic period of an emerging new music trend along with output from the Human League, The Smiths etc.
That apart I'm listening to a Geigling deep tech mix on YT, can't get enough of that looping melodic thumpy stuff but on a more modern tip Mandy Indiana with "Peach Fuzz" or "Pinking Shears" absolutely bonkers current take on post industrial rave?

Only just been introduced to a band called "Ist Ist" A bit like the Editors. This is a good track.

Not into S&M here either but I'm sure there was a Jim Kerr song covered in the cornation ceremony at the weekend.
I did like their "I Promised You a Mackerel" though as that was part of that post disco not quite new romantic period of an emerging new music trend along with output from the Human League, The Smiths etc.
That apart I'm listening to a Geigling deep tech mix on YT, can't get enough of that looping melodic thumpy stuff but on a more modern tip Mandy Indiana with "Peach Fuzz" or "Pinking Shears" absolutely bonkers current take on post industrial rave?
What's wrong with a bit of S&M ?

I bought a few Talk Talk CDs last week, and have been enjoying them this week. I have a vinyl of the Best of Talk Talk from when I was a teen but I enjoyed listening to their back catalogue on Youtube so bought a few CDs as something new to listen to on my iPod nano. Last week I took my 16 yo to the Ovo Hydro in Glasgow to listen to Ludvico Einaudi as he taught himself piano a couple of years ago and has been having lessons for the last year. His piano teacher introduced him to Einaudi and gave him a book of his music, and this was his first concert and boy was it a good one!

I bought a few Talk Talk CDs last week, and have been enjoying them this week. I have a vinyl of the Best of Talk Talk from when I was a teen but I enjoyed listening to their back catalogue on Youtube so bought a few CDs as something new to listen to on my iPod nano. Last week I took my 16 yo to the Ovo Hydro in Glasgow to listen to Ludvico Einaudi as he taught himself piano a couple of years ago and has been having lessons for the last year. His piano teacher introduced him to Einaudi and gave him a book of his music, and this was his first concert and boy was it a good one!
The Colour Of Spring is up there amongst the best albums ever.

Death in Ice Valley an investigation of a dead female found in the Isdal Valley above Bergen in Nov 1970.

Last edited:
@Ghost - you won't regret a visit to the Minack - it's a great venue but appearances by music acts that I fancy are few and far between there. That said, we saw Glenn Tillbrook and Chris Difford (of Squeeze fame) there a few years ago which was brilliant. There's also a cracking campsite a shortish walk along the cliff path from there, a brilliant museum in the village and don't miss the 'telegraph hut' on the beach.

@Ghost - you won't regret a visit to the Minack - it's a great venue but appearances by music acts that I fancy are few and far between there. That said, we saw Glenn Tillbrook and Chris Difford (of Squeeze fame) there a few years ago which was brilliant. There's also a cracking campsite a shortish walk along the cliff path from there, a brilliant museum in the village and don't miss the 'telegraph hut' on the beach.
I’m not sure who chooses the acts for the Minack but it’s 90% dross, one day somebody else will be in charge.
It’s been 150 years since a subsea cable was landed in Porthcurno connecting India with the UK, to this day you still can’t get a mobile signal!!!

Back