What Have You Been Listening To Today?

Is there anything finer in life than listening to Michael Schenker performing "Lights out in London" ?

Trick question.

Of course there is.

Michael Schenker performing "Rock Bottom" while you stand and listen. And air guitar!
Strangers in the night, best live album for me.

Never saw UFO with Schenker, saw them at Knebworth in 85 and about 4 years ago with Vinnnie Moore bloody brilliant

• Love
Reactions: CAB
Bit of Otis Clay. Not a lot of people know this but he released the original version of "The only way is up" tragically murdered by Yazz and her plastic population.

I think I'll be cracking a few cans and listening to Mr MacGowan this evening.

Remember seeing them support U2 at Wembley on the Joshua Tree tour in 87.
Preferred them to the main act, a very talented musician taken too soon.

Remember seeing them support U2 at Wembley on the Joshua Tree tour in 87.
Preferred them to the main act, a very talented musician taken too soon.
Have a great memory of seeing them at the Hexagon in Reading, supported by the Meteors. Never has a tin tray been such an effective musical instrument.

Have a great memory of seeing them at the Hexagon in Reading, supported by the Meteors. Never has a tin tray been such an effective musical instrument.
That's a strange main/support pairing. That would have been interesting although I was cooling on the Meteors by the time they'd be supporting the Pogues. I think it might have been a clip of Spider and his tray on The Tube that piqued my interest around the time Red Roses for Me came out. Hearing that for the first time was something.

That's a strange main/support pairing. That would have been interesting although I was cooling on the Meteors by the time they'd be supporting the Pogues. I think it might have been a clip of Spider and his tray on The Tube that piqued my interest around the time Red Roses for Me came out. Hearing that for the first time was something.
It was on the Rum Sodomy and the Lash tour, so about 1985.

Same thing I listen to EVERY day, all day for almost 12 years now. Some few exceptions like when a new Global Underground comes out.

Its a Greek radio station, plays super cool and funky tunes and whilst I don't speak Greek it means that when they do a bit of "chat" I dont even notice it.

It is on all day in our house on the Sonos and is why I added a phone wifi spot into my bus - now I can stream direct from the spare phone without impacting anything on my actual phone.

Same thing I listen to EVERY day, all day for almost 12 years now. Some few exceptions like when a new Global Underground comes out.

Its a Greek radio station, plays super cool and funky tunes and whilst I don't speak Greek it means that when they do a bit of "chat" I dont even notice it.

It is on all day in our house on the Sonos and is why I added a phone wifi spot into my bus - now I can stream direct from the spare phone without impacting anything on my actual phone.
Will give this a listen :thumbsup:

Bit of Otis Clay. Not a lot of people know this but he released the original version of "The only way is up" tragically murdered by Yazz and her plastic population.

just give that a listen , sounds much better :thumbsup:

Albums by Kelela, Victoria Monet,Terrace Martin and the London Grammar remixes, trying so hard to be hip and with it after today's 65th birthday:unsure:

Back