What Have You Been Listening To Today?

Just found this thread - some great musical tastes.

My musical journey regularly includes tracks from the 80s, 90s, indy, dance, drum n bass, electronic, garage, rap, soft rock and more.

Having said that, current fav is from 1979, although it could easily be a modern record…

And, a track from Liam Gallagher with a 2022 release (the rest of the album is not very good)…

Just found this thread - some great musical tastes.

My musical journey regularly includes tracks from the 80s, 90s, indy, dance, drum n bass, electronic, garage, rap, soft rock and more.

Having said that, current fav is from 1979, although it could easily be a modern record…

And, a track from Liam Gallagher with a 2022 release (the rest of the album is not very good)…

As you can probably imagine, I used to hate that XTC song as a kid!

Saw OMD at a festival in Ipswich a few weeks back...they were fantastic....underestimated them way back when 'Electricity' was so much cheaper!! Reliving their albums atm.

Today will be spent listening to this epic album.
Absolutely gutted to hear of the passing of Terry Hall.
Had a massive influence on my youth and paved the way in the fight against racism and inclusivity.
Gangsters was the first single I ever bought. Message to you Rudy has been my ringtone for about 15 years.
Through listening to 2 tone, ska, it broadened my musical taste and got me into Trojan, reggae, Motown, soul, even blues.
A true legend, a great band and even a greater front man.
#RIPTerryHall
#EnjoyYourself

220px-Specials_uk_front.jpg

Today will be spent listening to this epic album.
Absolutely gutted to hear of the passing of Terry Hall.
Had a massive influence on my youth and paved the way in the fight against racism and inclusivity.
Gangsters was the first single I ever bought. Message to you Rudy has been my ringtone for about 15 years.
Through listening to 2 tone, ska, it broadened my musical taste and got me into Trojan, reggae, Motown, soul, even blues.
A true legend, a great band and even a greater front man.
#RIPTerryHall
#EnjoyYourself

View attachment 182549
With you on that. Seen them play live several times, last in 2019 at brixton Academy. In fact, just been looking at message to you that I filmed on my phone at that gig. They are one of my favourite bands. RIP.

Back