What Have You Been Listening To Today?

chriscroft

15 years of VW T 'ing
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm a bit of a "late adopter" when it comes to technology, but since the T6 has Apple Car Play, I have joined Spotify Premium - (6 family members in total for £15/month), so we've all got it, including a mate down the pub who is using my last space. I have got some brilliant Playlists together, and lots more to do, which I can listen to off line up to 3333 songs off-line per family member. I have listened to some non mainstream stuff in my time, but there seems to be very little I can't find to cobble together in various playlists. So I've got some Ska, Oi, Goth, Punk, Grandmaster Flash, Jam, Dead Kennedy's, Talking Heads and god knows what else all synced together. Boy I am looking forward to getting my speaker, amp, subwoofer upgrade sorted
I am thinking of joining Uber, so I can drive around and cover some of my fuel costs. With a message on the dash, Don't like the tunes; then Walk :cool::cool::cool:

Annie Macs latest playlist.
Some 90s stuff including Smashing Pumpkins and the Pixies.
Mostly dance stuff.
All streamed through the standard stereo.

I have a playlist entitled "Van Weasel" with about 1500 songs on, from my iTunes (other music providers are available). Not got into spotify yet, just can't get my head round not owning the music! For what it's worth, music ranges from Drum and Bass (Leon Switch, Roni Size etc), to 90s Metal (Pantera, Machine Head), through Blues and Jazz (Keb Mo, Miles Davis etc), on past Rap and Hip Hop (Gangstarr, Public Enemy, Grand Master etc), and back to deep house. I enjoy the contrast of having it on random, but knowing that I will like every song on there! That being said, if my 2 year old is in the car, it's Freres Jacques or Peppa Pig Bing Bong song all the way.

Oh god......here goes! Mine's just on a memory stick which is techno central for me, a confirmed Ludite! Consists of stuff like:
ABC
AC/DC
Be Bop Deluxe
Black Sabbath
Fun Lovin' Criminals
Pink Floyd
Rush
Yes
and don't tell anyone but there's also some Andy Williams, Jack Jones and Matt Monro on there too......plus some other stuff I'm too embarrassed about!!!

dug out an oldie today - supercharger, machine head. Still as good today as ever.

Had to have a change from Iron Maiden as I’ve been listening to them for weeks and of course the amazing performance at the O2 - Lagacy of the beast tour. 9 never tire of their work really)

So.....what have you been listening to recently?

Saw Maiden play in Glasgow a few years ago now. A friend of mine had a great number on their last tour, working as a Stewardess on Ed Force One. Every couple of days she'd post pictures of the tour as she travelled round around the world with the band.

I listen to what I spend most days listening to, absolute 80’s.
In terms of concerts, went to the Foo Fighters at London Stadium a couple of months ago, and that was the most amazing show i’ve ever witnessed. I was hoarse for days.

In terms of concerts, went to the Foo Fighters at London Stadium a couple of months ago, and that was the most amazing show i’ve ever witnessed. I was hoarse for days.
Can't beat a bit of FF, I was there also at the Olympic Stadium then some stealth street camping in Stratford and breakfast in an East End greasy spoon in the morning. I agree they were amazing. IMG_20180622_221106.jpg

A mate of mine told me to buy Steel Panther (Feel the Steel).. For any Maiden fans this might be a fun bit of music to pass the time...

Personally - I'm listening to The Last Shadow Puppets or John Grant or Masters of Reality (Ginger Baker still brilliant)

Actually @Fish, you’re actually not that far wrong, just a row to the left.
BAC7CC3A-EE0F-4626-84B7-72E60F708BE2.jpeg

@$immo, street camping, wow, in London, your brave.
Me and my lad sprinted for the tube and managed to get in the 1st wave onto the platform, which was fortunate as security were holding everyone back in the street.
Just as well, the lad had a sailing event on the Saturday. Managed to get about 5 hours sleep before had to get him up.
I had invited a certain piscine named person from the forum to come, but he jibbed out, cos he’s a big girls blouse and his wife wouldn’t let him out. :whistle:

There’s not mush music I wouldn’t listen to...
what I listen to differs daily.

As above.. Iron Maiden, Ozzy,Foo’s, all fantastic.

Best concert from me..
Pink Floyd Amsterdam 94

Normally have radio 2 on but occasionally I listen to an audiobook on Audible and have just finished Change Agent by Daniel Suarez.

But talking of concerts, I was at the Freddy Mercury Tribute Concert Wembley, I was just here with my back to the production unit.
upload_2018-8-16_11-35-8.png

Last edited:
Well Jell @DaveyB I missed them cos I was away working. Did get to see Metallica last time round at the O2 - excellent but I don’t think any band can out do IM stage sets and performance.

Back