What colour wheel? Team Silver

All,

Looking for some advice, for some reason the salt has totally destroyed all 4 wheels on my van. Never had this issue last year and drove all through the winter with the same wheel so for the life of me can't understand why they have now been damaged so badly. They are diamond cut and after reading forums, its seems these kinds of wheel don't fare that well with salt! Wish I had known that previously! :confused:

Anyhow, I'm also reading that even after being repaired it could happen again so I thinking I'm just going to powder coat them as you can't really seem the diamond cut anyhow as they are all silver. With that in mind I have the option to change the colour and throwing out there on what colour would be best on a silver van, do I just keep them silver? Go black or another colour? :rolleyes:

Appreciate your views and I've included a picture of how the van currently looks (when the wheels were undamaged!) :mad:

TIA
VAN SIDE.jpg

Hi @welshbaron ...Not that I can help with colour....I’m in the process of changing my wheels for silver , but I’ve found that the centre caps being a chrome finish look crap..so I’m going for VW logo caps ....looks Better ( when I can fit them ) Colours make wheels look great but the right centre caps will complete the package :thumbsup:

Hi, my van is silver too and for me I would like a change. I am in the same predicament but will probably go gunmetal as don’t have the balls to go bronze.

All,

Looking for some advice, for some reason the salt has totally destroyed all 4 wheels on my van. Never had this issue last year and drove all through the winter with the same wheel so for the life of me can't understand why they have now been damaged so badly. They are diamond cut and after reading forums, its seems these kinds of wheel don't fare that well with salt! Wish I had known that previously! :confused:

Anyhow, I'm also reading that even after being repaired it could happen again so I thinking I'm just going to powder coat them as you can't really seem the diamond cut anyhow as they are all silver. With that in mind I have the option to change the colour and throwing out there on what colour would be best on a silver van, do I just keep them silver? Go black or another colour? :rolleyes:

Appreciate your views and I've included a picture of how the van currently looks (when the wheels were undamaged!) :mad:

TIA
View attachment 107347
Those wheels look so good on that van I'd be tempted to get them powder coated as near as possible to how they look in this photo. It just works.

Hi everyone, first post but been browsing the forums for a while.. Me and the Mrs recently bought a 2019 T6 (trying to attach image but keeps saying too big?)
Being converted over the year, having pop top (gloss black) and going with a gloss black /silver look.
I know there's a Reflex Silver thread on here just reaching out to those with silver black! But still post yours for a bit of inspo

View attachment 201737
I can never seem to get a good photo of the wheels, just look black, they look better in real life, when they are clean!
They look good but this is my worry with black wheels. I wonder whether anthracite would be a better option as it will still allow you to see the contours of the wheel?

I had silver on my previous van which was reflex silver….

IMG_2507.jpeg

Gloss black for me, they just aren’t great in my photos. Black roof (chosen originally to save money but really glad I was being tight), black wheels, black grills, black side bars, black windows, black cycle rack. All against the silver is what I think makes the van look really classy

But then I would say that because I did it :p

Back