What colour wheel? Team Silver

Hi all.

I get my new t6 in 2days it’s a reflex Silver Kombi. I’ve been looking around at wheels and cannot decide which colour to go for. I really like the look of the INOVIT Turbine in gunmetal. But not sure if they’ll suit the van with it being silver. Has any got these on a silver van or could post a pic of gunmetal wheels on a silver van.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Here’s the wheels I was thinking of. INOVIT TURBINE ALLOY WHEELS 20″ Gunmetal Polished 5X120, VW TRANSPORTER T5, T6 – Tamar Wheels

They look really nice. I'd be interested in seeing these on a van. IMHO they would suit a reflex silver.
If you don't like them once fitted sell them to me :D

Hi @Ando, before you do too much hunting for wheels, I suggest you check what load rating you need.
The wheels above show a load rating of 765KG - which is not sufficient for a T30 or a T32, and probably not sufficient for a T28.

To be sure, open your bonnet (when you get it), find the chassis weight plate which has 4 numbers.
The bottom 2 numbers are your axle weights - find the larger of these and halve it.
So for my T30 these numbers are 1600/1610 so I need wheels rated to 805Kg or above.

Last edited:
Chaps FYI, I have an email from Inovit to say that 20" Turbines are rated at 800kg, fully stamped up.

Hi Ando. I really like these wheels also. However I’ve just received an email direct off Inovitstating that these wheels are only loaded upto 735kg. See below that I’ve copied and pasted

The Inovit Turbine wheel is rated to 735KG and is cast into the back of each wheel as well as JIL & VIA certifications. Please let me know if I can be of help with anything else.

Hi Ando. I really like these wheels also. However I’ve just received an email direct off Inovitstating that these wheels are only loaded upto 735kg. See below that I’ve copied and pasted

The Inovit Turbine wheel is rated to 735KG and is cast into the back of each wheel as well as JIL & VIA certifications. Please let me know if I can be of help with anything else.

Wow, ok. I think they may need to get their story straight then. For comparison, I have cut & paste the entire email trail, below:

Sir,

Yes all of the wheels are JIL and VIA certified (which is cast into each wheel). Also the weight load rating of 800 KG is cast into the back of the wheel as well.

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 12:29 PM, @yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your response. To clarify, do the 20” have the 800kg load rating stamped on the inside of them, as is required by our licensing regulations here in the UK?

Regards,

308mate (changed)

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Jul 2018, at 18:24, Mike Dang <mike@inovit.com> wrote:

Sir,

Your are correct that each wheel has a maximum weight load rating fo 800 KG (1764 LBS). Please let me know if I can be of help with any other questions you may have. Thank you!

Name
308mate
@yahoo.com
I am very keen on fitting a set of staggered 20” Turbines to my VW T6 T28 van. However it looks like they do not come with a high enough load rating (800kg). Can you tell me if have understood correctly?

Regards,

308mate
--
United States

W: www.inovit.com
T: +1 (626) 444-4775
F: +1 (626) 444-4810

--
Mike Dang
Inovit, Inc.
3630 Cypress Avenue
El Monte, CA 91731
(626)444-4775 Office

Perhaps it’s a size discrepancy or they meant that 735 is covered by the 800 rating?

Very interesting considering the same guy has replied back to me as well (mike dang)

I really like these wheels. Have you ordered them ?

I havent yet, no. Waiting to talk to someone who can tell me for sure. I spoke to one conversion company who referred to them as "cheap", though.

I have a nice set of graphite sparkle Porsche Alloys and adaptors for sale....in the for sale and water section.... :whistle:

Isn't there a poster here who works for Inovit? I'd really like to get this cleared up. Tamar wheels lists Turbines as suitable for T6, Wheelbase says they are unsuitable. Inovit say two different things about the same wheels. Its enough to make me want to open a wheel shop - it really cant be that hard?

I’ve just spoke to Tamar and they said they are 767kg per wheel so not good enough and £699 but no warranty on the finish as they having problems with the finish on the wheels. So it’s a no from me on both accounts

I’ve just spoke to Tamar and they said they are 767kg per wheel so not good enough and £699 but no warranty on the finish as they having problems with the finish on the wheels. So it’s a no from me on both accounts

Oh dear. The Inovit website lists a 2 year guarantee. Is it Tamar that is refusing to warrant them, or Inovit? I’ll wait to hear from Inovit before I decide but it doesnt sound good. As if choosing wheels isn’t hard enough!

Back