Caravelle wheel conundrum

BBThornham

Hi guys,

I’m after some advice. I’ve recently started to ‘do up’ the wife’s Caravelle. I have never been the biggest fan of the Mojave Beige, however after removing the silver side accents, changing the mirror caps, grille, splitter and side bars to gloss black it has massively changed my opinion.

The next step will be to change the wheels. So I’m after a little help, if anyone is happy to offer an opinion.

I always thought it would be run 20’s and lower it, however the Mrs is not so sure. She is worried about curbing the wheels and is panicking about driving a ‘lowered van’ as she thinks she will knock off the splitter .

My argument has been don’t worry about it, but it’s her pride and joy and I want to keep it that way.

So as a compromise do we go 19’s, non lowered and some big tyres, if so any suggestions (and pictures) would be great.

Also colour of wheels? I thought gloss black to match everything. However I’ve seen some pretty cool examples in silver as well as bronze?

Any help would be great.

Ben

IMG_5574.jpeg

Out of interest how did you remove the lower chrome side trim?

I've always tinkered with the idea of removing that on mine...

I’d suggest fixing the stance of the vehicle first as it appears to have bit of a saggy bottom. Big wheels and lowering aren’t always the answer but it depends on whether ride quality and comfort is sought or looks alone

Nice and tasteful upgrades. Really like it. The Velle is already lowered 30mm. Not much for some, good for me. I am after ride quality and I have seen great improvements moving to 235/55 Tyres. Bigger side wall fills the arch better. Next upgrade for my Velle will be Koni comfort shocks. Comfort wise with standard suspension is perfect now. I’d like less body roll on winding roads.
IMG-0341.jpg

Nice and tasteful upgrades. Really like it. The Velle is already lowered 30mm. Not much for some, good for me. I am after ride quality and I have seen great improvements moving to 235/55 Tyres. Bigger side wall fills the arch better. Next upgrade for my Velle will be Koni comfort shocks. Comfort wise with standard suspension is perfect now. I’d like less body roll on winding roads.
View attachment 219323
Less is more!

Upgrading the ARBs will help with the body roll

Thanks for the suggestion. Never thought of that on a van! ARBs will have effect on suspension comfort?

I’d suggest fixing the stance of the vehicle first as it appears to have bit of a saggy bottom. Big wheels and lowering aren’t always the answer but it depends on whether ride quality and comfort is sought or looks alone
I think the saggy bottom is the angle the photo was taken

Thanks for the suggestion. Never thought of that on a van! ARBs will have effect on suspension comfort?
Upgrading the ARBs should improved (reduce) the roll behaviour without detrimentally affecting the suspension's ability to cope with bumps. Remember that it's a van, not a sports car.

Hi guys,

I’m after some advice. I’ve recently started to ‘do up’ the wife’s Caravelle. I have never been the biggest fan of the Mojave Beige, however after removing the silver side accents, changing the mirror caps, grille, splitter and side bars to gloss black it has massively changed my opinion.

The next step will be to change the wheels. So I’m after a little help, if anyone is happy to offer an opinion.

I always thought it would be run 20’s and lower it, however the Mrs is not so sure. She is worried about curbing the wheels and is panicking about driving a ‘lowered van’ as she thinks she will knock off the splitter .

My argument has been don’t worry about it, but it’s her pride and joy and I want to keep it that way.

So as a compromise do we go 19’s, non lowered and some big tyres, if so any suggestions (and pictures) would be great.

Also colour of wheels? I thought gloss black to match everything. However I’ve seen some pretty cool examples in silver as well as bronze?

Any help would be great.

Ben

View attachment 219305
Have you gone throught the Team Mojave thread? Should be some wheel inspiration there, at least for colour.

Back