What camping/van gas is avalable in Norway?

Ricardo T

Now or Never
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Planning our trip to Norway next year and this question cropped up. Cannot find a definitive answer on tinternet.
I know some members have been (@Bigsidavies) on a trip and there are a few Norwegian residents in this forum i believe....

The small gas cartridges with the threaded top? 907's?

Looks like LPG is avalable at the pumps for underslung...i guess the couplings are standard worldwide?

Cheers campers!

My petrol van has an LPG conversion and I carry 3 different adaptors to enable me to use EU pumps (only used 2 of them so far).

Just to be pedantic, Norway isn't in the EU...
However, having worked and lived there for a few years I can say that most "foreign" items are aligned with neighbouring Sweden and Finland. 'Not so sure about Russia!..
You're probably OK with EU adaptors but I wouldn't guarantee it.

Just to be pedantic, Norway isn't in the EU...
However, having worked and lived there for a few years I can say that most "foreign" items are aligned with neighbouring Sweden and Finland. 'Not so sure about Russia!..
You're probably OK with EU adaptors but I wouldn't guarantee it.
Agreed. But at least the OP now knows that the couplings are not standard, even across Europe.

I use very little gas and ensured that I had a full calor cylinder before I went.
No idea on the lpg at the pump situation.
However………..I remember reading that there are a few places that will fill your gas bottle for you (irrespective of brand etc).
I’ll try to dig out the info.
Quick web search:-
Also this forum post from a few years ago.IMG_5725.png

Last edited:
I use a Campingaz 907 cylinder and filled it before leaving the UK but as a back-up I have a regulator that takes the EN417 screw-on cartridges which seem to be widely available, I always have a few in the van in case the main cylinder runs out and its easy to swap the regulator.
We got some at the JULA stores, they sell a huge range of items including camping items.
When we were in the far Northeast of Norway, we decided to put the van on the Hurtigruten cruise ship to sail down to Tromso for two days and gas cylinders are not allowed on board, so we had to give away the Campingaz before we loaded. The 500g EN417 cartridges last quite a long time and we found them fine for the rest of the trip.

Back