‘Its a Gas’ - whats the best bottle type?

That's interesting, I exchanged mine a few weeks ago and didn't have the screw top. Maybe it depends where you go
Every day is a school day... :thumbsup:

Twice now, I've been knocked back for not having the screw top.
Was told "it's Campingaz policy" not to accept a return cylinder without this little handle / plug.
But at the same time, I could buy a new handle /plug & then exchange was possible.
Maybe just a commercial, business policy being applied at certain distributors? :thumbsdown:

Bargain, if you live near Leicester?

1694903307746.png

Go-Outdoors will exchange like for like. If yiu bring back an empty with no carry handle, you will get same back.

Bargain, if you live near Leicester?

View attachment 214070

Not far from us - £16 part full is on an exchange basis but incredible value.

Looks like I need to take @Sackmycook s advice and get down the car boot!

SWMBO and I were chatting and thought we’d want a full one in stock for long tours (when we eventually start them)

907 Camping Gaz -- Don't forget if you are going to France these refills are sold in many supermarkets for anywhere between 23€ and 30€ (£20 - £25) so don't get them refilled at UK prices if you can avoid it.
Those French prices are correct as of last month when we were there on holiday.

I'm going with an underslung fixed LPG tank on the LWB TGE.

Oops - I might have just accidentally purchased two more from ebay with a regulator too! One empty and one part full for £20. @Sackmycook - whats the going rate for car boot bottles?

The 907 is impossible to get filled In Tayside. The company that refilled them is no longer doing it and Taygas are meant to be taking over but haven’t.
There’s been no full ones available all year. I had to wait until I was away up the highlands before I could find somewhere selling full ones.

Reactions: CAB
I was wondering if anybody local did the gas, so that's good you have confirmed that. We had run out not that long ago when in Edinburgh area and managed to get an exchange from Russell gas and lawnmower centre, 5 Bankhead Crossway N, Edinburgh EH11 4BZ
I’m in Dundee too Kev.
Nowhere around here has any stock and nobody could tell me when they were getting more.
Everyone waiting on Taygas to start filling them but it’s not happening ?
I was away up the west coast before I got one in a campsite.

Camping Gaz 907 cylinders go back to France to be refilled. Any other company filling them is doing it unofficially and maybe illegally.

Hi neighbour! I've been hunting around Dundee for your machine, but never spotted it. You'll struggle to find me in my subtle peppermint green camper!
I’m in the Ferry mate.
Mines is hard to miss also. It’s purple and white.
Will keep my eyes open for your peppermint one.

Camping Gaz 907 cylinders go back to France to be refilled. Any other company filling them is doing it unofficially and maybe illegally.
When I was travelling from caravan sales places to gas suppliers they all told me the same. The company that used to fill them I can’t mind the name has stopped filling them and the company taking the contract over which was supposed to be Taygas has not started to fill them yet. I’ve no idea why but there’s a huge chunk of Scotland with no full canisters.

Back