What’s the best air suspension kit I can get?

What date is yours booked in for, also what area are you from
Eastleigh (Hants) Van should be going in end of next week to spec up, When i spoke with JPL he is away this week, so hopefully next week after chat ill be having van booked in for work :)

Honest opinions of VB air anyone? just want a functional air system that offers at least as good a ride as i get currently on my T32 4M LWB and has the ability to self level and get under parking height restriction...

cheers

Honest opinions of VB air anyone? just want a functional air system that offers at least as good a ride as i get currently on my T32 4M LWB and has the ability to self level and get under parking height restriction...

cheers

There's a couple of threads out there on VB specifically, have a search. I have VB air and it certainly hits your listed criteria for me.

cheers

Has anyone considered what width wheels are perfect? I’ve got a set of cantera I know will work. I’ve got a set of 9 and 9.5 banded RR steels which I’m sure must work as I’ve seen them on loads of bagged transporters. Just need info on max front width.. I know the back you can put dustbin lids :D 10.5 I tried and the side slider scraped the wheel.

@StudleyGlass your running cantera I can see. Have you run any other widths?

Perfect. Top man!! I’ve already hounded another member for the perfect tyre sizes.

I’m just about to order some more alloys so I want to make sure they are right Or they will be another expensive alloy mistake!! :whistle:

Has anyone considered what width wheels are perfect? I’ve got a set of cantera I know will work. I’ve got a set of 9 and 9.5 banded RR steels which I’m sure must work as I’ve seen them on loads of bagged transporters. Just need info on max front width.. I know the back you can put dustbin lids :D 10.5 I tried and the side slider scraped the wheel.

@StudleyGlass your running cantera I can see. Have you run any other widths?

Yes i am running Cantera with 235/40/19s . I have down-plated my T32 to allow more choice on tyre sizes.

wheels and tyres are a nightmare as many will tell you. first thing you need to decide is if you want to be legal and insurance safe ?

There are lots of sizes and offsets of wheels that will work with the correct Tyre size but you need to decided what you want in the way of looks/lows/stance etc...this will determine what size wheels you will need to do to achieve this.

Cantera work well TBH as a everyday wheel. I have spacers and polyflex bushes all round , adjustable on the rears to get them set right.

Your van and cantera keep popping up on my Instagram :thumbsup:

I’ve looked for downplating but can’t find anyone near me SV in Lancashire is a bit far. I run basically empty.

I want it as low as a lizards belly :whistle: and then some!! I’ve got 3 sets of wheels to try I suppose I’ll just have to wait and decide. That 35 profile :inlove:

Cheers for the help!

Your van and cantera keep popping up on my Instagram :thumbsup:

I’ve looked for downplating but can’t find anyone near me SV in Lancashire is a bit far. I run basically empty.

I want it as low as a lizards belly :whistle: and then some!! I’ve got 3 sets of wheels to try I suppose I’ll just have to wait and decide. That 35 profile :inlove:

Cheers for the help!

Just get the van on a weight bridge and then give SV a call, its just a paperwork exercise TBH.

No point if your going to run 35s , your never get a correct load rated Tyre at the widths needed anyway ;)

As for big lows and get chopping :grin bounce:

Vw-transporter LTD in small dole by hassocks, Sussex.
Went up to meet the guys nice bunch and he had just fitted Air to another transporter. Talked me through everything and gave a demonstration to.

hows your back and forth going??
I spoke with Vw-Transporter LTD today, unfortunately they are only doing conversions at the moment, but will re evaluate there situation in October.
JPL busy this week, but will hopefully have a slot end of next week to spec up van.

Quick update.. the install has been pushed back to the 14th as the Suspension is on back order :confused: I may have to have a re think... I’m checking Monday on progress. if they aren’t ready I may go for the ABP bilstein instead.

Quick update.. the install has been pushed back to the 14th as the Suspension is on back order :confused: I may have to have a re think... I’m checking Monday on progress. if they aren’t ready I may go for the ABP bilstein instead.
I’ve just taken mine off. Just saying.

Back