Westfalia Tow bar electrics kit

So those clips worked a treat, ran three jumper cables from the factory live that terminates under the seat and everything clipped into the original fuse box with no dramas.image.jpg

image.jpg

I have T6 and am fitting a PJ Jones dedicated electrics towbar kit, I also have a swivel double cab seat with no electrical
points in it.
Any ideas on where the connection would have been relocated too? And what I have to connect the wires to is it just a fused supply? Can I extend the wires?
Many Thanks

I have T6 and am fitting a PJ Jones dedicated electrics towbar kit, I also have a swivel double cab seat with no electrical
points in it.
Any ideas on where the connection would have been relocated too? And what I have to connect the wires to is it just a fused supply? Can I extend the wires?
Many Thanks
I suspect that they would be under the seat as that's where I put mine! You will have to remove seat and swivel base to check. Don't turn on ignition key with the airbag disconnected or you will get a fault on the dash.

D

I recently fired the ECS 13pin kit and in the instructions if you didn't have power under the seat it suggests to route the 3 x power feeds to the battery and connect / mount fuses there.

If you can find suitable supply under the seat it will save you time and hassle. From what I understand the large 8-10awg red power feed that is under the seat is fused in the engine bay at 100a so more than up to trailer feed.

Thanks all sorted my T6 didn’t have a feed under the seat and according the instructions the two wires were connected together and taped to the rest of the loom.
The power was fused at the battery and then just the CAN BUS wires to connect.
The PF Jones wiring was perfect the only problem is the instructions. You really need to study them for an hour or two check what model you are fitting them to and take your time.
Looking back it’s easy but that’s hindsight for you.

Back