What to remove to fit 7pin tow bar electrics ?

lucky13

VIP Member
So i’ve got a 7pin dedicated wiring loom for my T6 2019 Highline with no tow bar prep, i’ve got the wiring loom fitting guide but it doesn’t explain anything in detail.

I want to start inside the car and then run it backwards …

Do I need to remove the passenger seat and where on earth do I plug everything inside the van ?

The kit has about a million connectors and the manual doesn’t explain squat on what connector to use and where to plug it in.

Can anyone help or supply pictures ?

Thanks

Depends what kit you have ?

Westfalia are the VW approved supplier and thats what kit they fit at the factory but there are a few different companies that do dedicated wiring kits

In my experience the wiring kit starts at the rear plug and runs under the van to near the front then either (westfalia) comes up under one of the front seats to where the control module is located or (aftermarket) comes up into the engine bay and has a control box mounted near the battery

Let us know what kit you have/post some pictures and someone should be able to guid eyou better

Thanks I have Trust tow bar and the PF jones 7 pin dedicated wiring loom and I believe it needs to come up under the passenger seat but that’s about it, no idea what to plug it in to

The instructions show me connecting it to the battery under the bonnet but everyone in the groups says for the 7pin you only need to go as far as the passenger seat.

Last edited:
Back