Westfalia Tow bar electrics kit

Spencer54

T6 Pro
Hope someone can help here, I'm halfway through fitting a Wesfalia Tow bar to my 2017 Shuttle.
So I'm looking specifically at the point were three wires are connected to the extra fuse bar thats under the passenger seat.
Now the instructions say that the three cables are fitted in spots 5,6,7 lest say and a fuse fitted to each.

Now I cant for the life of me work out what the three fuses are going to plug into on the opposite side theres no power there?

I have two powerlines up, that are already connected to something, I think they are rear 12v sockets via fuses.
Anyone know what your supposed to do?

Sort of like this but I only have three wires?

1650741329717.png

Have you got a pic of what you have? I had to buy the extra fuse box and it had spare slots even with the three tow bar connections and the 12v socket I added. There is a copper buzz bar on one side.

Have you got a pic of what you have? I had to buy the extra fuse box and it had spare slots even with the three tow bar connections and the 12v socket I added. There is a copper buzz bar on one side.
Ahhhh that makes sense - mine is the stock VW one

That was last year and seat back in now!

The fuse box is clipped into the black holder which itself is fitted to the seat base with two torx screws. You need to remove the fuse box from the holder then the fuse box splits into two parts. There might be a connector retainer to remove before you can push the new connectors in. Cable tie the new cables as they exit the fuse box and clip it all back together.

The original fuse box would have had one side of the fuse connected to a busbar that connects to the supply feed cable.

The idea is you connect the new circuits into the empty slots.....then add a fuse.

So have you got a close pic of the fuse box?

I fitted a Westfalia tow bar to my Audi A6, and I found the wiring instructions extremely difficult to follow, as there are no actual instructions, just pictograms. These often made no sense until explained, and sometimes had multiple possible meanings. I spent several hours trying to decrypt the 'instructions' and I still wasn't 100% sure I was correct, so I phoned them, and they were very helpful, we went through everything to confirm what I thought, and it turned out I was correct.
As far as I remember, the Westfalia instructions only show how to add the towbar module to the CAN gateway (using VCDS), this gets the trailer lights working, but loads of other ECU's also need recoding to get things working correctly. I got a list of the codes from Ross Tech.

OK so this is exactly where I'm stuck cant see how my initail searches never threw this up.
So I have the fuse board but the opposite has no bus bar and they are direct connections.
Anyone solved this as that thread petered out...

The original fuse box would have had one side of the fuse connected to a busbar that connects to the supply feed cable.

The idea is you connect the new circuits into the empty slots.....then add a fuse.

So have you got a close pic of the fuse box?
i got some pics over here about adding new fuses to existing fusebox . . .

1650791889380.png1650791896460.png1650791905287.png

ok, from that other thread . . .

you can add your new wire to any of the empty slots (green)

there should be a busbar metal strip allong the other side. (orange)

1650794622178.png

in my example here is the same colour details. . .

so post a close up pic of your existing fuse block . .

and well see what you have. . .

sorry just noticed . .

you say that fuse block has no bus bar . . .

hey are just wires in - out . .

that will be the factory fitted wire kit . . .

see here:

1650795094030.png1650795147394.png1650795105402.png

some people just fit a new dedicated fuse box. . . .

example . . .

1650795242305.png

post some close up pics of your setup, wires and fuse block.

also what spec van?

Its a 2017 Shuttle 150 SE spec,, that fuse board is empty with no bus bar.
So I've been out there all day fitting that tow bar module and left this bit to last, thats a ball ache of a job for sure.

I've ordered these.

I'm hoping I can run some power cables from that thick red to the three new holders and join up fuses and we're looking OEM.
Thats the hope.

1650821184229.png

Also does anyone know if Carista can do the job it says I need VCDS to switch the trailer functions on and do the coding?

Arrive Wednesday so it says I'll be doing it straight away, so I'll let you know.

Anyone know if Carista can enable the trailer funtion or VCDS only?

Back