Job Order ? Trust Fixed Towbar and 7Pin Vehicle Specific Wiring without Tow Bar Prep

lucky13

VIP Member
Hi Chaps

As the 7 pin electrics needs to be run under the van, can I go ahead and fit the towbar and put the van completely back together again .....I wanted to do it in 2 stages...tow bar first and then wiring loom a few days later..

What I'm really asking, is the electrics job completely independent to the bolting on of the towbar ?

Thanks

sort of, . . .

more info.

thanks I read and watched that post but it’s for a T5.1 ..mine is a T6 and also the video is so long it’s hard to tell what can and can’t be done in the order I want to do it in

Yes, I did mine in stages, over 2 days. Can’t see why you can’t fit the towbar separate to the electrics. Although it may help if you can fit the socket and run the cable towards the passenger side whilst the bumper is off. Then tuck the cable up under the under tray and secure it temporarily with a zip tie. All you need to do then is run it to the front and connect it at that end whenever suits.

Yes, I did mine in stages, over 2 days. Can’t see why you can’t fit the towbar separate to the electrics. Although it may help if you can fit the socket and run the cable towards the passenger side whilst the bumper is off. Then tuck the cable up under the under tray and secure it temporarily with a zip tie. All you need to do then is run it to the front and connect it at that end whenever suits.
thanks so i don’t need to plug in or run any electric cables into or inside the rear bumper or light cluster that would involve taking anything off again ?

The 7pin towing connector just bolts onto the tow bar bracket plate and runs under the van ? so that could be done at any stage.

Mine is a T6 2019 is that the same as yours ?

Back