Water In Step

What makes you so sure its the speakers?. I've had the door card off and had the hosepipe on it and found nothing. Washed it a few times since with the jet washer and nothing,until today. Parked on my drive with a slope from right to left and its been raining,opened the door today and its wet again!. I dont see how it can be the speakers?.

I used a small strip of plastic strip between the seal and the door. See below.

It keeps the seal tight to the window. Still appears to be fine since.

D.

_20190401_182201-jpg.40256

I've done that with a bit of rubber. I've noticed that when i open the door theres water where the hinges are,makes me wonder if its getting in from the top of the door through the door seal.

As i can't view it!

Strange. Looks OK when I go on the forum. Here is again as a thumbnail so you can click on it. It's a close up of the lower front corner of the drivers door window - adjacent to the mirror.

Hope that helps.

_20190401_182201.JPG

Thanks Dilbert. So your adding a piece of plastic to act as a spacer to force the rubber seal to the Glass?

Is the door twisted?. Is it actually sealing on door seal?. Ha e you the additional dust seal or added it?.

Might be worth testing door vrs seal.

piece of plastic to act as a spacer to force the rubber seal to the Glass?

Yes, exactly. When I looked at the rubber seal, you could see a small kink/bow in it that was preventing it fully sealing against the glass.

Since adding the piece of plastic to push ithe seal against the glass, I have not had any more problems. It all started when I upgraded the front speakers but my guess is it was always getting in and the new speakers changed the path of the water inside the door.

Mines a shuttle and has the extra door seal factory fitted. I think its getting in through the door seal running down where the door hinges are and under the door card giving the impression that its coming.from behind the door card. Gonna give a proper look today..

Is the door twisted?. Is it actually sealing on door seal?. Ha e you the additional dust seal or added it?.

Might be worth testing door vrs seal.

I have added the extra Door seal. I have waited until it has been raining, so have just been out and opened the Drivers door. After i had opened it, a lot of water came out the drainage holes in the bottom of the door. I park it on a hill sideways. Passenger side down.. I have added a small piece of plastic as Dilbert has done above. And there wasn't any water on the step, but there is water on the Cill where the extra Door seal contacts the Van. I might remove the Seal, just to see if this is what is causing the Water getting inside the Door.

Parked it facing downwards on a hill at my caravan and its been peeing down on and off the last couple of days. Open the door and nothing on the step. Gonna park it the other way round and see what happens. Like yours hoggle,mines park the same when at home. Done the window seal mod as well. Watch this space!.

We have this issue from time to time.. i must admit i thought it was the door seal and so i bought a new seal and fitted it.. but this winter we have started to have issues again.. but now i can see a little condensation on the inside of the corner of the window - near where the locker thingy is.. if i get the door card off what am i looking for with regards to drain holes? i just opened the door and i got water coming out of the bottom of the door card so i know its getting in where it shouldnt..

I have added the extra Door seal. I have waited until it has been raining, so have just been out and opened the Drivers door. After i had opened it, a lot of water came out the drainage holes in the bottom of the door. I park it on a hill sideways. Passenger side down.. I have added a small piece of plastic as Dilbert has done above. And there wasn't any water on the step, but there is water on the Cill where the extra Door seal contacts the Van. I might remove the Seal, just to see if this is what is causing the Water getting inside the Door.
@hoggle did you remove the extra seal in the end? - i too have fitted this and exactly the same - when i open the door i hear the water being released from the drain holes..

for info - i havent changed the speakers.. have never had the door cards off.. any help would be amazing.

With the door card off sit it the van while somebody else gives it a good blast with a hose. I’m pretty sure you’ll soon find the path.

Last edited:
Ok yep I'll try that.. was hoping for a technical dwg or such so ican pinpoint it before hand as it's currently -8 outside...!

Back