Damp ingress by door seal / drivers door

kombisnaps

T6.1 Kombi
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Okay so - having a new seal fitted soon for drivers door as worn and a bit naff - vw refusing replace on warranty but hey ho. I did fit a v-dubs one but actually would rather keep it all OEM.

This post however is for a slightly different issue.
When coming to the van in mornings after rain I notice there's often quite a bit of water at the seal, that runs off down the step after door's opened. Doesn't appear to be anything inside the cab though.

There is quite a bit of moisture on door lip underneath the door card though... pics attached. Any ideas?

Took it over to VW today who say door alignment looks fine, and actually even though worn, they personally wouldn't replace the seal - but want to run a water test to see what's what - so spraying it with a hose eh? Next appt though is mid April?!?!?

Any thoughts / anyone who's had similar, it'd be great to know. Ta

IMG_6637.JPG

IMG_6639.JPG

Hi,

Afraid I don't have an answer for this but have just been on to Sinclair VW in Cardiff as we're having a similar problem with our T6. Ingress around driver's side slider and fromt passenger door.

Very interested to hear from others if they've had/solved this problem.

Many thanks,
Dave

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-10 at 11.35.02 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-10 at 11.35.02 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-10 at 11.35.02.jpeg

Any thoughts / anyone who's had similar, it'd be great to know. Ta
That's outside the main door seal (I don't know if you have the outer "sounds like a Golf" seal)

Either that is just rain getting into the shit lines and not draining well under the door (which doesn't seem a serious issue) or that might be water getting into the door and draining out the bottom, which might be a bit more serious. Obvious area to check is the window seals in the door. A little bit of water is always going to get past and so long as it can get out...

Having someone run the hose over the van and window is likely a good idea if you can do it.

We had similar…….firstly the van doesn’t like sitting at angles ( water runs in) I now park on flat area’s…Oem sliding windows leak and after having new door cards replaced and trimmed we decided to seal the widow ( with sealant ) …Also If you’ve had speaker upgrades in the doors they can cause water ingress ( we had @Absolut5 fix it ) ..but keeping the door seals clean and supple helps. ( we use GummiPlege ) and check the roof bolts are sealed ( we’ve used new seals and a drop of sealant on the thread) .
Oem sliding widow’s can be replaced with aftermarkets …at a cost….we are only 2 and have a sunroof so fresh air not a problem so sealing the window was a cheap fix

Ps put a dehumidifier in the van …pulls all the moisture out

Good luck..

Have you had the door speakers checked?

Seen a number of 6.1's with leaky front door speakers.
Mine goes in to VW mid April for a session with a hose / try to find the issue

Mine definitely comes from behind the door Card so I think it’s speaker related
Is all OEM

Update - Went in to VW Loughton and they're replacing the window regulator in the door that's leaking. Had a google and looks like it sits on a plate with a seal that can fail.

Might be worth pushing them to look at that

Get somebody inside the van and somebody to spray a hose on it one area at a time. It should be easy enough to find the cause.

Back