Water In Step

So i have the door card off, and this shows me exactly where the water is coming from - at the bottom of the alu panel that is bolted & riveted into the door. The drain holes seem to work though so im not understanding the issue.. They are definitely not blocked.
I have added the extra door seal to make it quieter but this is well out of the way of the drain holes - these are right at the bottom of the door!
Water is not coming in from the top - all dry there.
I have replaced the seal on the window (7e0837703) on both sides. same issue this am after rain last night. Seals contact windows on both sides.

any ideas? im going crazy with this.. bloody van isnt water tight..

@Base1388 did you find the solution?

I've noticed this exact same problem since having my audio upgraded. Coincidence or cause do we think?

So I went to my local vwand spoke about this. He said that the alu panel and it's seal are a pain. Basically I undid the panel, moved it around gently a little and then reset the seal.. all tightened up now and we've had rain which would have normally given a puddle but nothing. I am going to get some waterproof tape and tape this to the inside of the panel to help force the water to go down to the bottom of the door and through the (clear in my case) drain holes..

I've noticed this exact same problem since having my audio upgraded. Coincidence or cause do we think?
Could be related. Water deflected by the speakers to the dry side of the door can be a cause. A special cowl, or alternatively a flap of Silentcoat or similar, can be used to deflect it to stay on the wet side. My old T5 used to do this, new T6.1 is dry so far.

Back