T6 front door window seals - leaking

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,

We have from time to time water that gets through from the drivers door window (nothing the other side..). This comes through the doorcard and drips down onto the lower door seal.. when i open the door this releases and i can see dribbles from under the door card. @Pauly any ideas of part numbers for the seals if i were to replace these? any documentation available? good searches give nothing atall.. if not that then what am i looking for with regards to the drain holes when the door card is off? i get the feeling that its somehow bypassing the "normal" path if water was to get in via the seals.. any help appreciated!

for info - i havent changed the speakers.. have never had the door cards off..

did you ever rectify this? I have a similar issue and am trying to work out what's what - drivers door. Drips down behind door card and pools at door seal.

Images attached
Edit - as a thought as well - do you have wind deflectors fitted? I do and wonder if that's a cause at all....

IMG_6637.JPG

IMG_6688.JPG

did you ever rectify this? I have a similar issue and am trying to work out what's what - drivers door. Drips down behind door card and pools at door seal.

Images attached
Edit - as a thought as well - do you have wind deflectors fitted? I do and wonder if that's a cause at all....

View attachment 229869

View attachment 229870
have you got aftermarket speakers installed?

or the factory OEM ones?

have you got aftermarket speakers installed?

or the factory OEM ones?
Really couldn’t tell ya buddy - afaik OEM.
I haven’t taken door card off to look as I tend to break every clip known to man

Bought the van second hand from Marshall last year.

Images attached

View attachment 229869

View attachment 229870
Hello, sorry I forgot to get back.. I have sort of sorted this now but not 100%. Basically on the alu plate that is holding the speaker etc the seal is not really a seal but is porous.. and it seems that water finds its way through here. We have oem speakers never modded anything there atall. I'm going to seal it up with tiger seal or equivalent as I'm fed up. Drain holes are clear yada yada and all the normal things..

Back