VTA: The Future of Hilo Sport Roof

whether or not that would appease you one jot

Appeasement is probably not the way I'd put it. Of course if HiLo made good the debt, that would please me. We'll never get those years back and it wasn't an option to sit tight and wait for someone to fix my broken roof under a warranty that no longer exists, but that's the way life goes and we need to learn from it.

One might assume that if VTA have bought the company all the proceeds from the sale will go to the creditors of HiLo. Unless they already sold the assets out of HiLo (on 14 June 2022), which would mean that VTA have just made a nice donation to the Pendlebury Pension Fund. You can call me cynical and impossible to appease one jot (that's usually a derogatory turn of phrase where I come from, I'll assume that it's not in "God's Own Country"). So let's wait to hear a full story before deciding that they are in the clear, and like you say it's not just about the IP.

We're all heading towards speculation - let it rest and we'll reconvene when further information is available?

It's good that you're finally moving closer to getting the van @Bav

Appeasement is probably not the way I'd put it. Of course if HiLo made good the debt, that would please me. We'll never get those years back and it wasn't an option to sit tight and wait for someone to fix my broken roof under a warranty that no longer exists, but that's the way life goes and we need to learn from it.

One might assume that if VTA have bought the company all the proceeds from the sale will go to the creditors of HiLo. Unless they already sold the assets out of HiLo (on 14 June 2022), which would mean that VTA have just made a nice donation to the Pendlebury Pension Fund. You can call me cynical and impossible to appease one jot (that's usually a derogatory turn of phrase where I come from, I'll assume that it's not in "God's Own Country"). So let's wait to hear a full story before deciding that they are in the clear, and like you say it's not just about the IP.

We're all heading towards speculation - let it rest and we'll reconvene when further information is available?

It's good that you're finally moving closer to getting the van @Bav
Fair comment, "appease" does have connotations and was, perhaps, not the best choice of word, but I did genuinely mean it in the sense of assuaging your hostility [towards VTA].

I do have a disquieting feeling that you consider me to be unsympathetic towards or lacking in compassion for your predicament and would like to assure that I am neither. Companies go bust all the time, but the Pendleburys manipulated the situation with forethought and careful consideration (for themselves!!), thereby maximising loss and distress for their customers. That's despicable and their reputation deserves to be trashed.

Might have to wait a while for my Hilo/Horizon with these prices!!! - surely there is a mistake?

A8DC7AAF-C896-4547-8538-6520D388265B.png

Starting to feel a bit upset that us VW people seem to constantly get ripped off!

Other roofs are available, if people pay the price they’ll keep charging it.

I had convinced myself that I could justify sending the cost (based on the Hilo) quote above - but I don’t see why there as been such a mark up to the horizon price - especially when at the moment it is the same product as far as I am aware!

Using those Hilo 20/21 figures, a LWB roof with non-metallic colour-coding, coloured & scenic canvas and polished hinges would have cost £4.5k.

On 4 Feb this year I paid my convertor just shy of £5.8k for that same roof - a 29% increase. :oops:

Using those Horizon figures, the same roof now costs £8k - a further increase of 38%. :eek:

At that rate, it won't be long before the pop-top costs more than the base van.:rolleyes:

Using those Hilo 20/21 figures, a LWB roof with non-metallic colour-coding, coloured & scenic canvas and polished hinges would have cost £4.5k.

On 4 Feb this year I paid my convertor just shy of £5.8k for that same roof - a 29% increase. :oops:

Using those Horizon figures, the same roof now costs £8k - a further increase of 38%. :eek:

At that rate, it won't be long before the pop-top costs more than the base van.:rolleyes:
Where did you get yours done Bav?

Hopefully one or two of the installers are on this forum and can give their input into the prices?
I have spoken to an installer and they are going to keep the same price across all fitters

I have spoken to an installer and they are going to keep the same price across all fitters
It’s such a shame as I have been saving up for 18 months and now I can finally order one - they have jumped up massively in price

Back