Votronic Dc-dc Battery Charger - Compact Design

Is that the same as a recent post where it failed?

I'll have to dig out the post later.

Yes, I fitted one. Sadly it blew an internal fuse so I’m having to send it back to Votronic so they can fix/replace.

In theory it should be perfect for the application though. I’ve got one of their solar controllers and it’s been very good.

It would be interesting to find out why it blew the internal fuse.
I.e. was it a product failure or some sort of external cause.

Did you open it to see the fuse?

It's normally a IC input or transistor input as it's so low current?

Or was it still in warranty.?

Did you open it to see the fuse?

It's normally a IC input or transistor input as it's so low current?

Or was it still in warranty.?

It was definitely in warranty, it had only been in a week so I didn’t open it up. I could see through the casing it was a standard blade fuse that had blown.

Ok.

lasting 1week not good tho.

Just bought and fitted one of these. Really compact design and very reasonably priced compared to the competition. Circa £160

4 different charge programmes depending on your battery type. Even does lithium.

I will keep an eye on it over the next coming months and feed back if I find any problems.

They’ve fixed mine and sent it back. I haven’t had time to refit it yet though. Will report back when I do.

I take it all back. Mine has just blown the 40A internal fuse also.
Speaking directly to the supplier, who in turn are quizing Votronic in Germany. Poor show, only lasted 4 weeks and I am not drawing any sort of load. Eberspacher D2 is 10-15amps max. No inverters or anything that draws big load. Also the battery as never been taken past 80% SOC!

I have to say, although I am generally a fan of Votronic kit, this particular product had me thinking hard. It is very small compared to the competition. Looks to me like they took a 20 amp MPPT solar controller and added a fan.
It looks great on paper and the price is excellent but the old adage might apply. If seems too good to be true it probably is.

I take it all back. Mine has just blown the 40A internal fuse also.
Speaking directly to the supplier, who in turn are quizing Votronic in Germany. Poor show, only lasted 4 weeks and I am not drawing any sort of load. Eberspacher D2 is 10-15amps max. No inverters or anything that draws big load. Also the battery as never been taken past 80% SOC!

Oh no, that’s not good! It’s exactly what happened to mine. I wonder if it’s a dodgy batch or whether there’s some actual design flaw with them that shows up in T6 installations? I can PM you the email of the guy in Votronic who repaired mine if you like.

I have a Votronic mppt solar controller and that’s been flawless.

Looking back through my communication with them, they said the issue was caused by “an adjustment error in the loading control”. I guess I’ll just have to put it back in and see if it blows again...

Back