VCDS Tweaks.

mark

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Anyone done any good tweaks with VCDS ?

My favorite so far is adjusting the 'High beam assist' -brilliant bit of kit it has to said but the speed limit was just set far too high. Lots of rural unlit single track roads round here and slowing down for a 10mph hairpin bend would switch the lights to dipped and then you'd have too speed up pretty fast to get the auto high beam to switch back on. Worked perfect on the fast roads just not so great at low speed (standard setup main beam assist only works above 30 ish mph and switches back to dipped below 20 ish mph )

So Lowered the speed setting down to 5kph for switch on and the same again for switch off main bean. Now perfect , got to be the best setup going LED + main bean assist.

Well worth doing as you almost never need to pull the lever at all now, works far better all round IMHO.

Also increased the 'coming home light on feature'- found this pretty handy when loading with tools etc at the end of the day/night. swapped to 1min on from the 15seconds standard. Won't suit everyone but I've found it handy.

Anyone else recommend the odd tweak or two....

Is that channel listed in the adaptions menu?

Yep- adaptions .

No coding changes just lowering the kph set in the 'high beam start speed' and the 'high beam main beam off speed'. I went for 5kph and that seems to work well.

Wow there is some good tweeks to be done on these T6 , I can see me having to Comission one of you guys to do some mods on mine , as I will mess it up if I try :unsure:

I am guessing we will need a sticky showing confirmed tweaks soon. When I finally get time to play with mine I will start logging how to

I have done a list of confirmed tweaks so far but it's in the supporters section so not everyone can see it
I have done a list of module/byte numbers to go with it but not had a chance to write it up yet. Only mod I haven't confirmed to be working is rain closing
I will sticky it in this section when it is done or if anyone else does it beforehand I will sticky it and we can amend it as the list develops

Just done the 'dial sweep' with ignition on, a mates 140 didn't do it from standard wear-as my 180 did? (Thought it was standard, maybe just missed off on his) Doesn't really do a lot but he liked the effect...

I had a play with VCDS at lunchtime and have done the following;
Auto-Lock 9-00-4
Auto unlock 9-00-3
High beam assist at lower speed (Module 20 then adaption from list)
MPH Digital display 17-00-4
Tear drop wipe 9-14-4

Hi @Pauly you are clearly the man to ask when it comes to the VCDS coding. I'm taking my T6 in next week to a mate who has the VCDS module as I want to get the van to auto lock when it goes above 10mph. Is this what is meant in your "auto lock" sequence? What is the auto unlock? Also what is tear wiping?

Thanks in advance for what will undoubtedly be words of wisdom.

Auto lock = vehicle locks when you start driving/pull away (5 mph ish)
Auto unlock = vehicle unlocks when you remove key from ignition barrel (this is a must if you turn on auto lock or it will annoy the hell out of you)
Tear drop wiping = an additional windscreen wiper action several seconds after you use screen wash (van does standard 3 wipes after you let go off lever, then an additional wipe several seconds after these have finished)

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea if the light assist option is pre installed just not activated on these vans prior to paying to add them. or even if you can add aftermarket?

Mine doesn't have it installed. just been looking through the different modules.

I had a play with VCDS at lunchtime and have done the following;
Auto-Lock 9-00-4
Auto unlock 9-00-3
High beam assist at lower speed (Module 20 then adaption from list)
MPH Digital display 17-00-4
Tear drop wipe 9-14-4
Hi @Loz, I have been on VCDS today as well. Have tried to do the MPH thing but can't. When I go into module 17, byte 00, I just get a list of countries. See attached picture. The VCDS version is 15.7.4 any ideas?

WP_20161104_11_06_38_Pro.jpg

You may need to update your vcds. Current version is 16.
Try selecting Australia as your country.

Hi @Stevefrs, tried Australia. It did not give me the MPH screen, and instead changed my odometer from miles to kilometers, nearly had a heart attack when I glanced down and saw it had gone from 16k miles to 20something. Then realised that it was reading Km. :thumbsup: Panic averted.

Guess I'll have to get my garage to update their VCDS then.:thumbsdown:

I will have a look at what I changed in mine tomorrow as I have done this but slept since then.

Once you've selected Aus you then have to select a box in the mfd to display the MPH screen ---I think !

Tried that as well, the option did not exist. But the fundamental was that selecting Aus turned the odometer to Km. I'm hoping that it was just something simple such as the VCDS version.

Back