VCDS Tweaks.

After changing the unit needs to reset, I cam back next day and it was then in the mfd

A few people have had this issue, key out and walk away for an hour and allow the vehicle to sleep

The really annoying thing about the whole kph thing is that it not needed on the T6.

The EU rules state that the speed must be displayed in both kph/mph, the speedo was 'cleaned up' on the T5 and the kph numbers removed -they got around the rules by displaying the kph on the mfd-good idea really -nice clean uncluttered speedo and a small kph on the mfd. They then reverted to both measures on the T6 -kph & mph on the dial so now no need for the kph on the mfd. It could now be either but looks like it's just been overlooked.....and we're stuck with it.

Thanks to all those who have offered the advice on sorting out the MPH display - you know who are; especially @Pauly for the idiots guide. Been back into VCDS today and sorted it all out. Who'd have thought that after changing the long code you'd have had to make 3 further changes in the MFD! Bloody obvious I guess, well maybe to my 12 year old son, but not to his dinosaur father who can't play video games.

Is it an option on what Im assuming are low/midline display (although full height screen)?

700B9058-7EC0-4A27-99B0-909077A09F2B_zpsubtuaxyr.jpg

There are no convenience menus in which Im able to to latter stages of the tweak.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Is it the large MPH you are trying to do? I have not seen that dash before is it a startline? I not sure you can do it on that dash :unsure:

AFAIK they can be interchanged and will function but you have the odometer issue to deal with which i reckon will be a dealer necessity
You could try sounding out some of the retro fit places and ask if they can do it as not sire how programmable the mileage is, thinking its gotta be difficult or everyone would be 'clocking' them

Vag commander or Vag Tacho if it's anything like the other platforms. I retro fitted highline / full size screen clocks to my Leon Cupra and the retro fit guy read the milage and immobiliser info from my old clocks and wrote it into my new ones.

Didnt think they worked on the newer CAN stuff, thought they were K Line only ??

BCM 09 coding

Lights/DRLs
Byte 23 bit 1 - when ticked deactivates rear fog lights while high beam is ON
Byte 23 bit 2 - when ticked fog lights work as DRLs
Byte 23 bit 3 - when ticked low beam works as DRLs
Byte 23 bit 4 - when ticked DRLs turn OFF when hand brake is ON
Byte 23 bit 7 - when ticked DRL/DRLs turn OFF when blinker or emergency lights are activated

Cornering
Byte 12 bit 6 when ticked corresponding fog light switches ON when steering wheel is turned approx. 90°
Byte 21 bit 2 when ticked corresponding fog light switches ON when indicator is ON and speed is below approx. 25mph

Leaving Home & Coming Home
Byte 10 bit 1 - when ticked activates LH
Byte 10 bit 2 - when ticked activates CH
Byte 13 bit 6 - when ticked LH & CH work with low beam and when unticked LH & CH work with fog lights

Another few for 09 BCM/CEM:

Byte 03 bit 6 when ticked mirrors fold only when vehicle is stationary
Byte 05 bit 3 when ticked audible confirmation tone is shortened by half from 40ms to 20ms
Byte 12 bit 7 when ticked activates emergency brake warning lights for trailer
Byte 19 bit 0 when ticked fog/cornering lights can be activated via PWM
Byte 21 bit 3 when ticked both fog lights switch ON when reverse gear is ON
Byte 23 bit 5 when unticked DRLs switch OFF when parking lights are ON

Yeah @Loz. That was my thought too when I read that on bit 4. However, I wonder if a tester needs that reversed for purposes of their MOT exam.

I've driven a few crafters that had the option to deactivate DRLs on the MFD but this seems to have been done away with on the T6. Probably after the legislation change on compulsory DRLs.

Back