1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDS tweaks.

Discussion in 'VCDS / VAGCOM Information & Requests' started by mark, 24 Sep 2016.

1. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
  2. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 Admin Moderator VCDS User VIP Member

Map
    After changing the unit needs to reset, I cam back next day and it was then in the mfd

3. Pauly

Map
    A few people have had this issue, key out and walk away for an hour and allow the vehicle to sleep

4. mark

mark Member VCDS User T6 Pro

Map
    The really annoying thing about the whole kph thing is that it not needed on the T6.

The EU rules state that the speed must be displayed in both kph/mph, the speedo was 'cleaned up' on the T5 and the kph numbers removed -they got around the rules by displaying the kph on the mfd-good idea really -nice clean uncluttered speedo and a small kph on the mfd. They then reverted to both measures on the T6 -kph & mph on the dial so now no need for the kph on the mfd. It could now be either but looks like it's just been overlooked.....and we're stuck with it.

5. Garethwatford

Garethwatford Member VIP Member

Map
    Vcds where do I buy and what cable do I need for my t6?

6. Pauly

Map
    T6 Dave's Dad and Nickdaw like this.
  7. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Thanks to all those who have offered the advice on sorting out the MPH display - you know who are; especially @Pauly for the idiots guide. Been back into VCDS today and sorted it all out. Who'd have thought that after changing the long code you'd have had to make 3 further changes in the MFD! bloomin obvious I guess, well maybe to my 12 year old son, but not to his dinosaur father who can't play video games.

T6 Dave's Dad and Pauly like this.
  8. Tfsi_Mike

Tfsi_Mike New Member

Is it an option on what Im assuming are low/midline display (although full height screen)?

700B9058-7EC0-4A27-99B0-909077A09F2B_zpsubtuaxyr.jpg

There are no convenience menus in which Im able to to latter stages of the tweak.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

9. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi Highline Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Is it the large MPH you are trying to do? I have not seen that dash before is it a startline? I not sure you can do it on that dash :unsure:

10. mhill

mhill Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I don't think it's doable with that dash display I'm afraid.

11. Tfsi_Mike

Tfsi_Mike New Member

Yes, it started life as a startline. Is it fairly common for people to retrofit 'highline' clocks?

12. Pauly

Map
    AFAIK they can be interchanged and will function but you have the odometer issue to deal with which i reckon will be a dealer necessity
    You could try sounding out some of the retro fit places and ask if they can do it as not sire how programmable the mileage is, thinking its gotta be difficult or everyone would be 'clocking' them

13. Tfsi_Mike

Tfsi_Mike New Member

Vag commander or Vag Tacho if it's anything like the other platforms. I retro fitted highline / full size screen clocks to my Leon Cupra and the retro fit guy read the milage and immobiliser info from my old clocks and wrote it into my new ones.

14. Pauly

Map
    Didnt think they worked on the newer CAN stuff, thought they were K Line only ??