VCDS Tweaks.

I see... the BCM has different part number (than T6) so VCDS has loaded another description file - which obviously isn't quite up to date.

However, there is a workaround. Just click "LCode 2" to enter into "raw" mode (all the tick boxes show up, though still undocumented) and then tick the "Bit 4". (And retick bit 6!)
View attachment 61869

Presumably puts a DRL ON/OFF selection into MFD. However, doesn't seem to work on T5/T6. There are a few mentions about this somewhere in the Forum.
Thanks mmi. I won't pretend to know how you knew that :rofl:

Central electrics 09, adaptation channel 38. Value x 0.5 to give the time in minutes. So 254 = 127 mins
All sorted, now have 20 minutes light time instead of the 7 minutes I had before :cool:

I see... the BCM has different part number (than T6) so VCDS has loaded another description file - which obviously isn't quite up to date.

However, there is a workaround. Just click "LCode 2" to enter into "raw" mode (all the tick boxes show up, though still undocumented) and then tick the "Bit 4". (And retick bit 6!)
View attachment 61869
Yes different part number will have a different label file so it’s possible that byte is just not documented for your BCM (also possible it’s simply not there/won’t work)
Yippee it worked :D:D:D

Having read through countless posts and unable to find the answer... is there a way of coding the OEM power folding mirrors to fold on one touch of the key fob instead of holding for a few seconds...? If so where could i find it... TIA

Having read through countless posts and unable to find the answer... is there a way of coding the OEM power folding mirrors to fold on one touch of the key fob instead of holding for a few seconds...? If so where could i find it... TIA
yes you need to code the two door control module in 09 cent elec
guide

@Lez78 Thanks, yes, I read that guide and it works as described auto folding with a long press on the fob....

I wanted them auto folding with just the one short press of the fob.... I couldn't see the relevant coding for this function....

@Lez78 Thanks, yes, I read that guide and it works as described auto folding with a long press on the fob....

I wanted them auto folding with just the one short press of the fob.... I couldn't see the relevant coding for this function....
Can't be done in coding, you need aftermarket hardware unless someone has come up with another way of doing it in the last year and I haven't been paying attention

Edit to clarify - I mean without holding down the button to activate comfort closing.

Last edited:

This was the reason I went aftermarket and not OEM.

On T6.1 my normal cruise control on the steering wheel works like this. One push adds or decreases 10 units, and when holding it starts going up or down the speed 1 unit at a time. I regularly need to go up or down only a couple of units, and when holding the button the rate which it decreases or adds is far too fast and therefor its inaccurate to get the target speed. Is there a way I could change the functions so that one press adds one and when holding it hops 10 units?

On T6.1 my normal cruise control on the steering wheel works like this. One push adds or decreases 10 units, and when holding it starts going up or down the speed 1 unit at a time. I regularly need to go up or down only a couple of units, and when holding the button the rate which it decreases or adds is far too fast and therefor its inaccurate to get the target speed. Is there a way I could change the functions so that one press adds one and when holding it hops 10 units?
Set/Resume change the speed in 1mph increments

On my missus mk7 golf. once you’ve set a speed the set and res will change the speed by +- 1mph.
Yea I drove another t6.1 couple of days ago and it worked like that. Mine has some aftermarket coding which may have disabled this function. Working on its atm.

Back