Do ypu mean you need to connect the tow bar loom to the BCM, or has this been done?

Whit it is you will need someone with vcds to do the coding for the towbar.

Hi, I’ve done all the wiring. I need someone to plug in and change whatever needs to be changed to let the system know that there is a tow bar attached. I beliveve there are some flags or something that needs to be altered yes?

The lights will work as it is, but you need VCDS to tell the van it has a tow bar fitted for all the other functions to work. It's a simple box tick. The van will then know when a trailer is attached to alter the ESP, turn off the rear sensors, not turn the vans fog light on, monitor the other trailer lights and sound the alarm if the trailer is unplugged when the van is locked

Right thanks Dubber.
I do have a slight issue with the lights at the moment in that the rear sensors are not now working properly since I changed the wiring. I am hoping that the VCDS change might sort this out?

The lights will work as it is, but you need VCDS to tell the van it has a tow bar fitted for all the other functions to work. It's a simple box tick. The van will then know when a trailer is attached to alter the ESP, turn off the rear sensors, not turn the vans fog light on, monitor the other trailer lights and sound the alarm if the trailer is unplugged when the van is locked
Setting off the alarm when unplugging the trailer freaked me out the other night as I hadn’t realised it works like that! Handy feature though.

Title changed to make more sense

Hi guys,

Having just picked up my van I have been reading a lot on here and have realised there's a couple things I would like to have coded on it.

I'd like the comfort close windows and the folding mirrors to work on the fob.

Wondered if any of you kind clever people live near me (near Leatherhead) and wouldn't mind helping me out with this?

Windows will already close on the fob, if they are not working then you will need to reset the window limits (so one touch works) and then they will work off the fob

Mirrors can only be coded on certain years of van, what have you got ?

Hi,

I’m new here, but I’m a T6 owner ang recently upgraded to mfsw and upgraded to all wiring for it.

However got problems with coding - don’t have the equipment, neither horn at the moment dsc is with error too.

Can anyone code it for £££ in London

Please give me a shout 07575501187

Anyone in the Dorking area with VCDS? I need to code my H7 headlights to run dips with heads. Don’t mind travelling a bit

Back