Having changed a flat battery my T6 is now immobilised...am advised it needs someone with VCDS. Can anyone help me, for a decent drink? Thanks

Have a look on the map, anyone with a yellow icon is a VCDS user. Someone near you may be able to help.

Battery replacement in T6 doesn't need VCDS or any other coding.
Power windows might need recalibration. See thread One touch electric window stopped working
If component protection has kicked in and disabled the radio I think only a dealer can help.

I think you have to tell the vehicle a new battery has been fitted and this would need VCDS ??
I will double check later

Reactions: mmi
Thanks @Pauly . I stand corrected here. When replacing battery VW garage indeed recodes battery information.

However, at the factory on mine only the capacity and battery manufacturer were coded as on BEM code (on the top of the battery). The serial# actually coded in was just an arbitrary code "1111111111". So probably can assume that just change of serial# would tell to the control module (61) to start from the beginning. Definitely if the capacity of the replacement is different, it's worth to code.

Now I have a great temptation to code my battery correctly... :sneaky:

Yes i asked my battery man this morning and he said generally speaking any vehicle that uses start/stop should be coded when a new battery is fitted to reset the charging regime/parameters on vehicle, apparently if a battery is weak the vehicle can/will disable start/stop to preserve battery and if a new one is fitted it wont restart it unless it is told a new batt has been fitted so it can reset battery parameters
Following on from this though i dont see why changing a battery has disabled the vehicle, the only logical thing i can think of is if the vehicle has been left with no battery (or a mega flat one) for a period of time and this has somehow upset the immobiliser but not sure coding in a new battery would resolve this ??

It was mega flat, sat still for 5 months (I'm new to all this...). it wouldn’t take a charge at all so I changed it. When I then tried to start it I got multiple warning lights but the ignition didn’t do anything, and I got a CHECK SAFELOCK message. After trying various locking and unlocking, when I tried again I got rapidly flashing warning lights followed by a total shutdown. Now I can only open and close with the key, and inserting the key in the ignition does nothing at all. So I’ve scrambled something....

I am wondering if your problem is deeper than the battery
Have you approached a dealer regards a possible warranty claim ?

I believe if I had vcds I’d be able to program my mirrors to fold on locking ?? 2016 t6 , does this sound correct ? Thanks

I believe if I had vcds I’d be able to program my mirrors to fold on locking ?? 2016 t6 , does this sound correct ? Thanks
As far as am aware it's on the 17 plates that need another bit of hardware for this to work so you should be fine , am sure there was a link . Al tryn find it

It’s very simple you just need to go into the door modules and change the last digit of the coding from 1 to 3, re adapt one touch windows and your done :thumbsup:

Welcome Redhill member. I also live in Redhill and have same colour van.

Hello , I’ve only had it a couple of weeks but love it , think I’ve seen a panel van around the same colour

Mine has side and rear windows blacked out. So looks like a kombi but is a stealth camper inside. You are welcome to take a look if you are thinking of doing the same to yours.

Thank you , mines got the second row of seats and then a glazed bulkhead, I have looked for a second hand proper t6 camper interior but guessing they don’t come up to often

Back