One touch electric window stopped working

t6stu

T6 Pro
Got in the van yesterday and went to open window so I could wipe the mirror but was frozen closed so I quickly pressed button again so nothing would burn out. Went to open window later and now have to hold finger on the button to go up or down.
Any way to reset it or have I burnt something out?

You need to follow the procedure in the manual to re-train the window.
I think it involves holding the button to take it all the way down and all the way back up.
I'll have a quick look in a bit.

edit:
Pull the window button up for at least 1 second.
let go and pull again for at least 1 second and one touch should be restored.

I think it involves holding the button to take it all the way down and all the way back up.

edit:

Top man, will give it a go thank you

The procedure i do after disconnecting battery starting with window closed
Press down and hold button in, when window hit bottom hold for 10 seconds before releasing
Press up and hold button, when window is closed continue to hold button for 10 seconds
This resets the windows top and bottom limits and one touch is restored

I find quite often half way through this process when i bring window up it twitches and inch and stops, if this happens abandon the procedure close window and start again, sometimes takes a couple goes to get window to go fully down and up in one go to make it stick

Press down and hold button in, when window hit bottom hold for 10 seconds before releasing
Press up and hold button, when window is closed continue to hold button for 10 seconds

I find quite often half way through this process when i bring window up it twitches and inch and stops, if this happens abandon the procedure close window and start again, sometimes takes a couple goes to get window to go fully down and up in one go to make it stick

Bloody hell........every day's a school day!

I had to work this out last Saturday got it in the end ,I took both windows down then up and held the up position for abit and hey presto it worked

But why would you need to.....I've never ever had this with electric windows. Am I missing something?

One touch windows stop working if you disconnect battery, after powering back up you have to 'teach' the van the top and bottom limits of the window so the anti trap function can work properly

Hi all. They do this all the time as said normally if battery disconnected etc. If you have a T5.2 normally because you had your window down and rain water got into window control switches on either side. one good reason now have been moved further forward on door panel in T6. My old van did this trick all the time i think because the BCI gets confused. Its a bit like the problem when in a rush LOL and at 70/80 mph you close your drivers window and it goes down all the way after closing. ps this fault tends to go away after 30.000 miles. GOD only knows as dealers never can find out why. I think must be the wear in period regards window fault.Regards window one touch operation all my vans have done the same. if not fluid ingress normally because the Body Control Module gets a bit confused LOL.

Ah-ha!! Mine hasn't worked since I had my doors in pieces for the front speakers. I wasn't 100% sure it had one touch anyway. :whistle::whistle:
Absolute genius this forum. :)

Hi HHO even the basic van with electric windows, and all spec above have a two stage window switch on both driver and passenger side. You can feel the double stage in the switch when operating the switch. First stage should move either window bit by bit on either window inc dual on drivers side. The second clik should send either window fully up or down full stop. If you are not seeing this i bet water has somehow got into one of your window switches. They can be removed easy without taking your door panel off. take a set of feeler gauges an insert under the plastic housing to bend back clip holding.Remove the 2 part on drivers side or 1 part on passenger side. Rain water is normally the problem i.e. green corroded terminals. clean and refit. fingers crossed,or new switch req. Mate they have always been like a water bucket in that location. As said now moved forward on new T6 i.e. warranty claims LOL,:thumbsup:

Reactions: HHO
Ps not had the problem with new T6 yet. Sorry if you know info on previous post, but i have had this fault on many occasions with T5.2.

Reactions: HHO
I had disconnected the battery on my T6 to install a leisure battery, when it was reconnected the one touch didn't work. I solved this by climbing in vehicle with doors and windows shut, turn ignition on, and then hold the window button up for a few seconds, and then repeat the process of holding the switch up again for a few seconds, and this will solve the problem

edit:
Thank you

This worked for me thanks for the help, I’m new the VW van thing and learning loads from this site

Back