Vanshades Vs Swellshades

Hi any chance anyone has a pic of the Swellshades with a frame. Especially if it's on your sliding door with a oem sliding window.

Vanshades offer a COMPLETE privacy solution for all windows on a VW T6 and T6. There are 13 standard variants in all to cover SWB, LWB, barn doors and tailgate, aftermarket sliding windows as well as factory fitted OEM sliding windows. We have recently added two new products to the Window Pods family with a splashback to give you a cleaner look where you have a sliding window behind the driver. If you prefer not to have a carpeted frame we now offer Window Pods Select in a range of 15 colour options. We've a great website where you can make a fully informed decision prior to purchase and offer a free sample service. You can also check out our social channels on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. We welcome visitors by appointment to our 6,000 ft2 factory in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Heres a picture of a Window Pod for an OEM sliding window on the sliding door: Imgur

There are many pictures on our website: VW T5 & T6 Window Blinds, Pods, Wraps, Covers, Accessories - VanShades
Feel free to call us if you have any questions on 01226 872330

Hi All,

As I have limo tint windows, it was really important I keep as much window area as possible when open, to let in the maximum amount of light. Especially as we're drawing into the darker winter months! So the swellshades > vanshades IMO and for my uses.

I have to say @Finn the T6, that has been the opposite experience for me. David has been prompt with messages and even fitted my shades himself for free (which took ~40mins).

It does seem it is just a one man band, and I think all self employed people can say we can go through tough or busy spells. I know I have. Not trying to detract from you're experience Colin, or excuse the actions of the business owner, but it has been a pleasure to deal with David IMO.

I've added some pictures for reference.

View attachment 30654

View attachment 30655

View attachment 30656

View attachment 30657

View attachment 30658

View attachment 30659

Hi I see you have a rear wiper, do you have any other photos that shows how the blind works with the wiper please?

Does anyone know if the Swell shades blinds let any light in when closed round the edges or is it pretty solid?

Does anyone know if the Swell shades blinds let any light in when closed round the edges or is it pretty solid?
Pretty good. Tiny amount of light but almost blackout. I have young kids and they wake up with the light. No issues for me.

I’ve got them and they do let a tiny amount of light in around the edges but nothing that should be an issue. I wanted maximum window aperture when the blinds are up (most of the time) which is why I opted for them.

I’ve got them and they do let a tiny amount of light in around the edges but nothing that should be an issue. I wanted maximum window aperture when the blinds are up (most of the time) which is why I opted for them.

Yeah i don't mind a tiny bit of light. That's why i'm leaning towards Swell shades to have maximum viewing with the blind up.

I fitted swell shades, I was very pleased with the product it’s self, and also the service received from Dave, he always replied to emails, and returned my phone calls, when he said he would, overall very impressed.

Slightly random one, but does anyone have any photos of the outside of a van with Swell Shades fitted? I'd love to see how the white blind shows through the factory kombi tinted glass? (i.e. trying to work out if it will be really obvious if parked up somewhere stealth camping that the blinds are down and someone is sleeping in the van...

Slightly random one, but does anyone have any photos of the outside of a van with Swell Shades fitted? I'd love to see how the white blind shows through the factory kombi tinted glass? (i.e. trying to work out if it will be really obvious if parked up somewhere stealth camping that the blinds are down and someone is sleeping in the van...

I'd like to see this too i know with the van shades it looks quite obvious with the rectangle blinds from the outside. I like the idea of the odd stealth camp and have yet to order any blinds as i want to be able to be unnoticeable if need be.
Blinds is next on my list so i need to choose soon!

Thanks @Martin Gibson . I guess this is why @Timpo specifically asked for his to be black on the outside... To be honest Martin, I'd be fairly interested in the dark too... i.e. if lights are on inside the van whilst the blinds are down, is there any "sign of life" from the outside, or does it look pretty stealth. In the day, I guess the white would be beneficial in that it would reflect the heat out on hot sunny days...

IMG_0300.jpg IMG_0301.jpg IMG_0302.jpg Here you go pal. The pictures are a bit cack to be honest but you'll get an idea @dennismo . They were taken with the 6 leds on in the back which are pretty bright as you can see from the cab. We have carpetted trims around the rear quarter windows which are not perfectly even all the way round so there is a bit of light leak round those but the ones on the sliders and the tailgate don't let much if anything out so unless you have rear quarters and as long as you had some dark cab blinds on,i don't think you'd stand out much at all,not as much as i expected anyhow,hope this helps you

Thanks so much @Martin Gibson - this is incredibly helpful! Way better than I expected actually!! Just checking yours are standard white on the outside? What colour have you got inside?
Do you rate them / recommend them?

photos in the day would be interesting to see too. Thanks again bud

Hi @dennismo , yes,standard white on the outside and a dark grey which i think was called Raven on the inside. The ones on the rear quarters and the tailgate are standard ones and the ones on the sliders are the ones with a frame/surround on them. We debated between the Swellshades and the Vanshades for a while but it was how much the Vanshades cover the windows and especially the tailgate even when they are open,i like to be able to see out of my tailgate etc as much as possible but perhaps thats just a personal thing. I will take some daytime photos for you later and put them on.

Back