Decision making. Kombi or panel van?

Smileysmile

I don't know what to do so may need help deciding.

I want a T6.1 highline kombi minimum 150ps DSG with t/gate. Ravenna blue. One sliding door.
Preferably brand new.

I have seen a local 2023 new panel van. T28 £41+ brand new. No VAT. Is a T28 a good base rather than T32?

Or a new Kombi with 2024 plates (in show room in March in Scunthorpe).
With twin sliding doors. With VAT £50,200 which is a T32.

I have a budget of £41k. Over time I guess I'd add 3 windows, lower suspension, change wheels, insulate, carpet walls out and add rear seats on sliding rails, add leisure battery, solar panel, fridge and table. I'm not interested in using it as camper but in the future to tow a caravan.

I forgot to mention fit a Leighton Van bumper. This will all add up.

I'm just wondering if buying a panel van that is new and a blank canvas is better to start with and adding windows when money allows is the best option? Factory windows would be better precisioned with cut outs into body work so I'm concerned how well a company could make windows without making mistakes and rust proofing the areas they've cut into and at what cost? Would it better to stretch to £9k more for new kombi? Do they make factory Kombis with just one door?

Feedback appreciated

Last edited:
My advise would be, especially looking for new, is get what you can - All customer orders are nearly complete and built, and the vans coming through at the end of the T6.1 build are pre-specificed vans by VW UK being offers to all dealers. There are not many left.

Im sorry I don't think we have a Ravenna blue Dog coming through, although we still have around 20+ new Transporters due

£9K is a lot of extra cash to get some OEM leaky windows and seats you don’t want. Fitting windows is pretty straightforward.

Back