Kombi window blinds

Minimucks

T6 Guru
Has anyone successfully made your own pull blinds? Similar to the vanshades on offer.

I see a few people have tried to adapt IKEA blinds but without real success from what I gather.

Or can you use a California window blind and possibly make a DIY frame?

I'm looking to do the two kombi windows and rear tailgate.
Cheers chris

This thread is a little old and was bottomed out but there may be OEM blinds that fit:
I followed a 68 plate Kombi van down the road last week and noticed it has a roller blind fitted to the tailgate window, I enquired with VW and this is now a standard accessory (as well as side windows)

I've attached a parts diagram from VW

roller-blind-1-jpg.30081

typo - wasn’t bottomed out. But you got my drift.

I ended up going with a Cali blind for the tailgate, and am looking at making up some blinds with elastic hems for the aftermarket sliding windows, and a pop-rivet one for the nearside rear window.

I really like the look of the rear cali blind. Is it any good? Does it have any thermal properties? Where do I get one?

I really like the look of the rear cali blind. Is it any good? Does it have any thermal properties? Where do I get one?
Yeah it’s good for ease of use. Expensive though. No thermal properties but does block out light (but the design of it means light does pass around the side edges).
Kernow Transporters sell them. That’s where mine came from.

Yeah it’s good for ease of use. Expensive though. No thermal properties but does block out light (but the design of it means light does pass around the side edges).
Kernow Transporters sell them. That’s where mine came from.
how did the fitment look , once fitted?
any chance of any pics?

Back