Vanfurniture.co.uk U-Shaped Bed System

I’m looking at this VF kombi set up as we speak. I like the idea of the bench seat for day trips etc. Is it too high to sit on comfortably with the 3 inch cushions on?

Unfortunately it is, im 5'11' and my head touches the roof when im sat on the bench. The lower benches VF sell would be OK but then they would be too low for making into a bed with the kombi seats. TBH on the one camping trip we have managed to fit in when we sat in the van I used the kombi seat and now have a swivel for the passenger seat so there is less need to sit in the back. Overall im still pleased for the money spent

Unfortunately it is, im 5'11' and my head touches the roof when im sat on the bench. The lower benches VF sell would be OK but then they would be too low for making into a bed with the kombi seats. TBH on the one camping trip we have managed to fit in when we sat in the van I used the kombi seat and now have a swivel for the passenger seat so there is less need to sit in the back. Overall im still pleased for the money spent

Thanks for the reply. that sounds a shame, maybe thinner cushions could work for seating, and an additional inflatable mattress for sleeping mode could make it a little more comfortable? The low sliding bed VF do isn’t for a kombi it’s too long unfortunately.

So glad this thread exists.

Im severely tempted by the same U bed set with cabinet but just really want to avoid a horror story with fitting. I have a SWB T5. Any thought?

This also may sound like a bone question but how did you all go about fitting the units to the actual van??

This also may sound like a bone question but how did you all go about fitting the units to the actual van??
Just bought the VF Kombi pod and I’m planning on using the lashing fixings in the floor as a point to fix to, with some additional brackets etc. Not quite worked it out yet!

Hi all! We've got the VF U shaped bed for our LWB. Didn't realise you could get a version with both sides the same length though, we're having to build ourselves a 'bedstension' the driver side unit...
We originally put the bed together just in time to head to Scotland between lockdowns last year but have done a bit of a rejig since and we're having a right ballache getting the drawer height right so it doesn't drag along the floor. We've had a message from VF who suggest using DVD boxes to prop it up whilst putting it together but we haven't found that solution quite that useful... Any ideas/pics/vids of putting yours together or measurements you worked with when putting it together?

Cheers

Very comfortable apparently but you have to know your audience.
I know what your saying and think there are ways for adult comfort a cushion etc but I’ve only done it once as a rear passenger and it was ok.

8463E823-42A2-4ECD-91FF-F1500A913301.jpeg

I'm now trying to find someone to cover them.. Its a nightmare finding the right fabric..
Hi can I ask the height of your U-shape bed please? VF no longer do bespoke as I’d like it to be the same length on either side too so I’m going to attempt to make one but struggling to find height details anywhere. Thank you

Hi can I ask the height of your U-shape bed please? VF no longer do bespoke as I’d like it to be the same length on either side too so I’m going to attempt to make one but struggling to find height details anywhere. Thank you

Try these guys, got them making me a custom cupboard. Quality looks very good and been super helpful with my design request.

I asked vanfurniture this same question on Instagram. They replied that the bed unit height is 415mm. Not sure of cushion height. I guess about 90mm, So 500mm total height.
Im hoping my U-shape set up arrives tomorrow (or early next week... I am cutting it a little fine for having the van ready again for bank holiday.

Any details on how you fastened this down please?
So I’ve found that the weight of the units stop them moving about on the rubber mat (they would probably slide about on a smooth floor). The two units are bolted together which also helps stop them moving and they pushed quite tight to the middle seats. I have then fixed them to one of the tie down points by the back door. I may add further tie down points at some stage 29A0C92F-3A94-4144-99EA-965BDA4E8B9B.jpeg

Back