U-Shaped Layout with Power Station

T6ChrisO

AutoCAD engineer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi guys,

Im thinking of going down the U-shaped layout for my second camper. I dont really need back seats so no need for a RnR bed.

Will be opting for something similar to this layout from Van Furntiture (or if @AJCConversions can off this too?)

My question is for anyone who has done this layout and opted for the power station route instead of EHU, where did you locate the station? I assume under the sink cupboard will be taken up with gas pipework, water pipework and water container (possibly there is still space??). The storage under the U-shaped furniture is possible but maybe not the best for accessing??

U-Shaped Furniture.png

EcoFlow Delta 2000 (50x25x30cm)

EcoFlow Delta 2000.jpg

I have the swb version of the one in the image which is the lwb version. If you have the lwb version I think gas, water containers x2 and the power pack may just fit.

I have sink and hob but haven't connected up and now having used the van have no desire to ever cook inside it so maybe think about this as I wouldn't bother if doing it again.

In terms of the sink if I ever get round to connecting this up I would like to drill a hole for the waste through the floor so the sink can discharge outside and then only one water container would be required. There are options to also mount the tank under the van to save further space.

I have the swb version of the one in the image which is the lwb version. If you have the lwb version I think gas, water containers x2 and the power pack may just fit.

I have sink and hob but haven't connected up and now having used the van have no desire to ever cook inside it so maybe think about this as I wouldn't bother if doing it again.

In terms of the sink if I ever get round to connecting this up I would like to drill a hole for the waste through the floor so the sink can discharge outside and then only one water container would be required. There are options to also mount the tank under the van to save further space.
Thanks for the input.

I have a SWB too. I do intend to use the sink and hob and mounting an external tank shouldn't be an issue. I'd also do the same and run the waste to outside.

Hi guys,

Im thinking of going down the U-shaped layout for my second camper. I dont really need back seats so no need for a RnR bed.

Will be opting for something similar to this layout from Van Furntiture (or if @AJCConversions can off this too?)

My question is for anyone who has done this layout and opted for the power station route instead of EHU, where did you locate the station? I assume under the sink cupboard will be taken up with gas pipework, water pipework and water container (possibly there is still space??). The storage under the U-shaped furniture is possible but maybe not the best for accessing??

View attachment 216466

EcoFlow Delta 2000 (50x25x30cm)
I too have the SWB version. Under the sink I have 1 water container with waste through the floor and still have a small gas cabinet to fit but there is room for that under there too. The gas pipework will be down the side of the cupboard space (at the moment only use a gas cartridge off a short rubber hose sitting on the shelf inside. This is only connected up when parked up and just for kettle as no cooking in my van). The SWB version is only a single cupboard with the LWB being a double. If that is the version you are having there should be plenty of room for the power pack :) edit - I also put in a Lagun adjustable table leg with the supplied table top....made it a better space.

Last edited:
I too have the SWB version. Under the sink I have 1 water container with waste through the floor and still have a small gas cabinet to fit but there is room for that under there too. The gas pipework will be down the side of the cupboard space (at the moment only use a gas cartridge off a short rubber hose sitting on the shelf inside. This is only connected up when parked up and just for kettle as no cooking in my van). The SWB version is only a single cupboard with the LWB being a double. If that is the version you are having there should be plenty of room for the power pack :)
It will be SWB yes. I think im going to go 60L underslung water tank with waste draining straight outside. Yeah I did notice the double cupboard on the LWB, rather jealous of that extra storage ha ha.

It will be SWB yes. I think im going to go 60L underslung water tank with waste draining straight outside. Yeah I did notice the double cupboard on the LWB, rather jealous of that extra storage ha ha.
Me too......I also did a bit of shaping at the back cupboard/seat which pushed all the seating etc further back towards the doors...probably about 5 or 6 inches so there is also a chance a power pack could sit behind the drivers seat......I could give it a measure later as its a decent gap in mine. Done so I could sit with the seat further back and angled being a bit tall :) edit - found a pic 1698840099958.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Me too......I also did a bit of shaping at the back cupboard/seat which pushed all the seating etc further back towards the doors...probably about 5 or 6 inches so there is also a chance a power pack could sit behind the drivers seat......I could give it a measure later as its a decent gap in mine. Done so I could sit with the seat further back and angled being a bit tall :) edit - found a pic View attachment 218507
Its ok but thank you, no need to measure. I'm opting for a large leisure battery instead of the clayton station :)

Its ok but thank you, no need to measure. I'm opting for a large leisure battery instead of the clayton station :)
My leisure battery is under the driver seat and a solar panel on the roof (great for constant fridge) with other electrics in the back corner under the seat.

Do this then you get all your cupboards back . 100ah lithium with 200w flexible solar panel - no hook up, always on and battery power has never dropped below 75% just running chargers/fridge/lighting/diesel heaterIMG_0850.jpeg

Back