Anyone have 'Van Furniture' U shape furniture - favour required

MurrayT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi - so my self build is on the go. U shape seating system. I'm looking for a favour from someone who perhaps has the U shape seating system installed from one of the main suppliers like Van Furniture.

I'm looking for some detailed photos of the internals of each section. Basically some images without the cushions on and slats raised to show what's under the bed slats and bracing each section etc.

Can anyone oblige?

Thanks

Murray

Hope you can see these, not Van Furniture but Van Project 77. I can take some more in the morning if not good enough..

20230213_195716.jpg

20230213_195727.jpg

20230213_195827.jpg

20230213_195920.jpg

Belly thanks for that. It's a different format to what I'm going with but very helpful none the less. I won't trouble ypu for any more pictures. I'll let you know if that changes!

Sorry for late reply been busy on the van and forgot I'd even asked the question

Thanks again

Murray

@MurrayT6 did you have any luck sourcing photos of the internal U shape structure? I am about to embark on a LWB self build using the Van Furniture U shape layout. Tough I have most of the dims I need, I am not sure how the carcasses are constructed.. I assume there is some kind of baton that runs horizontally across the back top and bottom of the carcass for structure? Also does the slatted bed pieces sit on top of the carcasses? This isn't clear from the photos I have seen. Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

@MurrayT6 did you have any luck sourcing photos of the internal U shape structure? I am about to embark on a LWB self build using the Van Furniture U shape layout. Tough I have most of the dims I need, I am not sure how the carcasses are constructed.. I assume there is some kind of baton that runs horizontally across the back top and bottom of the carcass for structure? Also does the slatted bed pieces sit on top of the carcasses? This isn't clear from the photos I have seen. Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Hello MurrayT6 and jowinney. I have recently built the u-shape furniture (SWB) and can take photos of what you need to know. Can do that tomorrow. It is held together by 3 screw furniture blocks and is surprisingly rigid. I will have to remind myself if there are any bracing 'cross-members'. i dont think there are. I imagine the ultimate structural strength comes from when the 3 parts of the U are fixed together.
It was generally easy to put together, ut you are relying on butting one panel up to the next and then securing wiht the furniture blovks so it is essential you ymake sure they are square as the screws go in.

Regariding 'raising the slats', the side section adjacent to the kitchen (in the SWB version at least) does not raise, access if by the front locker access only. Across the back, the slats raise like Tower Bridge in London, rather than hinged at the back.

Come to think of it, the seat on the passenger side, you cant lift the slats there either, as this is the bit that is doubeld up as the slats unfold to create the double bed. Under this section you have the drawer unit. I will have to remind myself if this has a locker front to it.

I do have a lingering doubt about how readily accessible the storage is going to be, but we certainly like the idea of the seating arrangement

Jowinney, I will try to show how the slatted bed structure is fixed to the carcasses

Phil

Hi @doningtonphil, thank you so much for this, it's very helpful. The construction sounds much more straightforward than I suspected which is very pleasing to hear! Out of interest, are the 'butted together' panels then screwed into each other?

Interesting to hear the x2 sections aren't accessible from the top, I am tempted to hinge them to allow dual access. Thanks for the info re: the back slats split into 2 sections, I will factor this into my plans.

If you're able to send some photos of how the slatted structure is fitted to the carcass that would be amazing, thanks so much for all your help with this, really appreciate it.

Jo

Hello
I forgot that the back of my van is in turmoil as we were doing the electrics on it last week. But hopefully these are helpful. Genrally they are showing that everything relies on the 3 screw joining blocks. There are no screws through a panel into an other panel. The top louvred panel provides the streght to the structure as it is screwed in place (again with joining blocks). If you are going to hinge this I woudl suggest adding your own reinforcement to keep the unit 'square'. The majority of photos are of the section that is at the side of the kitchen unit. Let me know if you need any interpreatation of these

Phil

20240228_152023.jpg

20240228_151951.jpg

20240228_152010.jpg

20240228_151843.jpg

20240228_151836.jpg

20240228_151819.jpg

20240228_151739.jpg

20240228_151732.jpg

20240228_151713.jpg

20240228_151703.jpg

These are great, thank you so much for your help! These are just what I was after. Will report back once I've attempted my build.

Thank you!

Back